Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ground Control question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ground Control question

Question for those that have GC coilover sleeves. Do the taller threaded sleeves go up front or back? I bought them used, and they are already on struts. They just look wrong lol.

Yes the bigger ones go in the rear, otherwise your front would be up in the air and your rear down on the ground, if they would install correctly that is.
    '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
    If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Well they where on wrong . Tall up front, short in the rear. Man that doesn't sound right. I took them off because the ride sucked. Of course they off a prelude so that doesn't help. Thanks for the info.

Comment

If they are off a Prelude, they aren't right for your car. Period.

The taller ones go in front, because thy are holding more weight. The short ones go in the rear. If they were already on shocks, this should have been obvious to you. The ones on the rear shocks went in the rear.

See... short springs and taller lower mount go on the rear shock. (middle picture)

Comment

I know they weren't right being that they where on a prelude, but I've had integra coilovers on a civic because they where stiffer and worked well for autocross. So I was thinking it was the same concept using a prelude set up. Plus koni yellows, and GC for $ 80. The pic you provided is not how mine where mounted. Looking at my Tein springs is what made me think the set up was put together wrong. I didn't mount them incorrectly, the guy before me did. I'm not a total rookie lol.

Comment

Mount them as the picture shows, and they should work.

However, Prelude shocks shouldn't fit on your car... at least either the front or rear sholdn't even bolt up! I do agree that $80 is a good price, though. Personally, I'd sell those for a profit, and get the proper parts. Ground Control will give you pretty much any spring rate you want when you order. They don't have a "one rate fits all" application.

Comment

The front struts do work. The rear ones do not. I called GC a couple of hours ago, and the guy said the spring rate will work fine. I got everything straightened out with what springs go where. So ill get some rear konis and go from there. I though of selling them, but after that call I figured ill go for it. I can't believe the other guy drove on them like that. Rear set up was mounted up front. Oh well, some peoples kids lol

Comment

Some people are just dumb... and not smart enough to ask questions when they don't know for sure what to do. The sad thing is, he probably bought them new, and didn't read the instructions!
                Calling GC was a smart move.

Comment

Thanks. I'm glad called them. I've often considered the koni/GC set up, but its hard to find enough extra spending cash. So if this pans out I'll be a happy camper.

Comment

Suspension is the one thing that I always tell people... "if you can't afford to do it properly, you can't afford to do it... period!"

You're not halfassing it like most people on a budget do... but you're learning that taking the cheap way out might prove to be more frustrating than just saving up and buying the right stuff brand new!
                    The site that I got that picture from was advertising the GC/Koni combo for like $850.

Comment

Very true. Suspension is one of the most important parts of the car. At least now I know the spring rates are good. Next step will be getting the Koni's for the rear. I'll admit this isn't the best way to do things, but I've gotta try the hard way first lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X