Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Compression in cylinders question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compression in cylinders question

So I had my car towed to a shop because it keeps dying on me and won't turn back on. Did most of the usual stuff to try and get it up and running.

Anyways. The shop was saying that it could be the timing belt or compression in the cylinders or something.

My question is has anyone ever had to have a shop do this and how much it cost. Is it even worth it to pay an insane amount of money for this or should I just get an new motor or car. My car has over 220,000 miles on it.

'93 Black LX {DD/Project}

usually labor is about $60-75 a hour.

Comment

What is "the usual stuff" ?

Sounds like an idle issue to me though. When does the car die? We need more details if we are to help you.
      '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
      If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
        What is "the usual stuff" ?

Sounds like an idle issue to me though. When does the car die? We need more details if we are to help you.
        Spark plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor, fuel filter, fuel pump, ignition coil. The things that everyone says to check first. The car wouldn't start before the ignition coil was put in. Then two days later it won't start again. When it did start it would sputter like crazy all the time. When I was stopped and when it was driving.

'93 Black LX {DD/Project}

Comment

Working...
        X