Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Question about my stock exhaust and header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any updates yet? But with an aftermarket header and stock exhaust, you wont feel too much of a gain. But if you save up a little more and put a cat back on then you should notice the gain of both a lot more.

Comment

you will need the downpipe to, the dc header is alittle longer then stock, so im assuming the downpipe is shorter to fit. it was pushing the DP by alot in order to fit. i just tried this yesterday and had to put my stock one back on.
      so now on to the search for the downpipe for me
      edit>> by the way i have a an A6 so 4-2-1

♦░I'm so JDM I sleep on the right side of the bed░♦

Comment

Originally posted by burt View Post
        any updates yet? But with an aftermarket header and stock exhaust, you wont feel too much of a gain. But if you save up a little more and put a cat back on then you should notice the gain of both a lot more.
        No updates just Yet I was replacing the O-rings on the rocker arm assembly and one of the bolts snapped while I was torqeing it down. Luckly it some how stayed together enough for me to get it out (hard to explane).
        So I need to go get a new bolt then I will start on the exhaust and intake. Once thats all said and done I will start the body work with new front and rear bumpers, front legend lip and so on.
        92 CB7 F22 5 speed.

^MY RIDE THREAD^

Comment

Wasn't there a difference of about an inch between the catalytic converter found on the DX/LX and the EX?

Comment

Ok I got the header and down pipe. Im not gonna be able to use my stock one due to it being a 4 into 1 design. My header and down pipe is now going to be a 4 into 2 into 1.
            92 CB7 F22 5 speed.

^MY RIDE THREAD^

Comment

Damn that stinks. Now you gotta buy a cat back designed for the 4-2-1 desgin.

Comment

Im going to a shop to have them weld a flange to bolt up to my stock cat back.
                92 CB7 F22 5 speed.

^MY RIDE THREAD^

Comment

Originally posted by burt View Post
                  Damn that stinks. Now you gotta buy a cat back designed for the 4-2-1 desgin.
                  Really?

So my WS2 cat back exhaust that I bought for my Accord that had an F22A1 (4->1 header design) is no good for my F22A6 motor (4-2-1 header design)? Explain please?

Originally posted by Chris2388 View Post
                  Im going to a shop to have them weld a flange to bolt up to my stock cat back.
                  Do you not have a catalytic converter or a test pipe?
                  3 CB's gone....
                  1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Why does everybody not want to weld the exhaust together? are you really gonna take it apart that much?

you can use whatever catback you want.
                    COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
                      Why does everybody not want to weld the exhaust together? are you really gonna take it apart that much?
                      To each there own...Some people just aren't fans of welding the entire exhaust together.

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
                      you can use whatever catback you want.
                      That's what I was getting at.....
                      3 CB's gone....
                      1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Instead of welding everything together, go to a mufflershop and have them weld on a few flanges. It makes life much easier later and isnt expensive.
                        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
                          Instead of welding everything together, go to a mufflershop and have them weld on a few flanges. It makes life much easier later and isnt expensive.
                          Thats what im doing.
                          Last edited by Chris2388; 03-16-2011, 10:55 AM.
                          92 CB7 F22 5 speed.

^MY RIDE THREAD^

Comment

Originally posted by Father Time View Post
                            Really?

So my WS2 cat back exhaust that I bought for my Accord that had an F22A1 (4->1 header design) is no good for my F22A6 motor (4-2-1 header design)? Explain please?

whoops, I was thinking of something completely different when I was typing. Haha I didn't mean what I had typed. ignore that

But yeah you CAN use any cat back of your choosing.

Comment

I had to replace the whole thing due to mine being a 4 to 1. Also oxy sensor locations are different with header brands. Sometimes underneath close to flex pipe or right on the header.

Comment

EX models have the o2 sensor underneath, and the DX/LX have it up top.

Comment

Working...
                                X