Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cat back exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cat back exhaust

Now, I just purchased a jdm cat back exhaust system from ebay and I read one of my old threads about which one is better short ram name brand or ebay. Now does that apply the same with the cat back system?

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2758782

Here are the before and after pictures of my cat-back.
    Last edited by BlackGuy'sHonda; 03-16-2011, 10:19 PM.

Pipe is pipe. With exhaust, you want to look for smooth mandrel done bends, not wrinkled up and flattened out; nice quality welds, and, for the catback, a decent resonator and muffler. Chances are that if you bought "JDM" exhaust from ebay, it's just an exhaust that fits your car and will be fine. If you don't like the sound, you might replace the muffler and/or get a bigger resonator installed.

Comment

I ll put in my .2 but a good quality exhaust will always be better then a crappy one. Good quality will have better steel so wont rot out as fast as cheap stuff and also will be easier to work with as the quality parts will be a close to factory fit versus the cheap stuff.
      92 CB7 F22 5 speed.

^MY RIDE THREAD^

Comment

Originally posted by Chris2388 View Post
        I ll put in my .2 but a good quality exhaust will always be better then a crappy one. Good quality will have better steel so wont rot out as fast as cheap stuff and also will be easier to work with as the quality parts will be a close to factory fit versus the cheap stuff.
        That's a given, however, most aftermarket exhaust are stainless, and shouldn't rot out at all. You can get a quality exhaust without a brand name, you just have to watch and realize that a $50 catback is going to suck. It's common sense. If it seems to good to be true...

Comment

Yea I made sure I read all the specs to see what it was made from and how the bends were. I figured the answer would be the same. I just can't see myself paying 400 bucks for a name brand exhaust. When I get it installed I'll take a few pictures of before and after.

Comment

From wat I learned...

All cat backs are set up the same way, bend wise, length etc.

What diiff is the cannon itself.
            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

im curioius to see how this ebay exhaust sounds and looks when u r done with it

Comment

Originally posted by onelivinlarge View Post
                im curioius to see how this ebay exhaust sounds and looks when u r done with it
                I'll have it next week on the 15th so look at this same thread and I'll have them up for all to see. You must be curious if its safe to spend your money on a no name ebay product. I have nothing to lose, I don't have a muffler at all. Don't ask where it is, I bought the car as is.

Comment

@ jdm... There's nothing "jdm" about it!

Anyway, the cheap exhausts sound like chep exhausts... and in some cases, they fit like cheap exhausts. However, if you have no muffler now, it will most certainly be an upgrade.

As for the systems being stainless, that isn't always true. The highly respected Apexi World Sport has mild steel piping, and has rotted out on a number of people that I know.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    @ jdm... There's nothing "jdm" about it!

Anyway, the cheap exhausts sound like chep exhausts... and in some cases, they fit like cheap exhausts. However, if you have no muffler now, it will most certainly be an upgrade.

As for the systems being stainless, that isn't always true. The highly respected Apexi World Sport has mild steel piping, and has rotted out on a number of people that I know.
                    yup, most aftermarket exhausts are aluminized steel with a stainless muffler... however there are full stainless steel ones available. they are more expensive though.

Comment

Ha i got the same thing around xmas time, a "full stainless steel cat-back exhaust" and even though I washed the car once a week minimum and carefully sprays exhaust down too, all the welds on it rusted. A $150 exhaust and it looks like crap now, I'll keep piping but replace the actual muffler with a magnaflow or greddy soon. eBay stuff has nothing on tried and true namebrand except for price.
                      Being normal is probably the lamest thing you can try to be

Comment

yea thats what i planned on doing. if i don't like the sound save a few bucks and I'll just change the muffler when i find something well priced.

Comment

I plan on having a thread for my car mods soon so I'll have the cat back in that thread so look for it there. It will be called "my car mods!"

Comment

Or you can wait until you get 30 posts (that are on-topic... posts like the one you just made usually get deleted.) and make a proper Members Ride thread.

Comment

The exhaust you bought it jdm STYLED, the companies that reproduce off authentic exhaust systems try and match the sounds as best as possible. You may find out that it either sounds amazing or will be very raspy and annoying.

IF you dont mind me asking how much did you get it for?

I had an authentic Mugen twin loop a few years ago i got for $200 cat back. You just need to look and do your reasearch and you will be able to find authentic parts for LESS than knockoffs

Comment

Working...
                              X