Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

swapping original motor f22a6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdmrespect11 View Post
    do i have to call?

I suppose you could email them, or send them a letter through USPS. But, you're going to have to let them know somehow. They're importers, not mind readers.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Are you capable of thinking for yourself?

Yes, you have to call. Call them. Ask if they can get the motor you want. They can, and most likely will. hmotorsonline.com is the ONLY place I would trust, personally (and I did... I've had one of their motors for 8 years, and it's still strong, after LOTS of abuse!) They are the only engine importer that CB7tuner.com officially supports (and we are not affiliated with them in any way.)

Don't email. You'll never get a reply.

Comment

im not a retard smartass.i didnt think calling this late was very smart so i wanted to kno if i HAD to call thats all.i was checking for another opt that might be better.thnx for your concern..

thanx for the tips josh.
        Last edited by JoshM; 03-09-2011, 10:05 PM. Reason: merged

Comment

im not a retard smartass.i didnt think calling this late was very smart so i wanted to kno if i HAD to call thats all.i was checking for another opt that might be better.thnx for your concern..

You don't have to call tonight. You can call them tomorrow.

TO PLACE AN ORDER PLEASE CALL
          (818) 723-2572 or (818) 768-3067

Office Hours:
          Mon to Fri
          9am - 7pm PST

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
            You don't have to call tonight. You can call them tomorrow.

TO PLACE AN ORDER PLEASE CALL
            (818) 723-2572 or (818) 768-3067

Office Hours:
            Mon to Fri
            9am - 7pm PST
            thanks alot josh for saving me some trouble.your help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

thanx for the tips josh.
              yeah, comments like that will get you banned.

try going to a salvage yard, the motor will cost you a few hundred bucks, and if you can find one still in a car you can hear it run before you buy it. but dont call right now, they are probably closed.

Comment

I live in columbus MS i gotta a guy that lives a block from me who can hook u up as thats his specialty. Honda motors and fixing them. Your only like two hours away. He also sells hondas mainly cb7 when he gets them at a fair price. I got a nice running at the time 92 ex for 250. He hooked me up with another guy in town to who always has these cars. I can check for you if you like an let u know a price.
                Last edited by ugafan001; 03-09-2011, 11:13 PM.

Comment

rofl when I checked who he called a smartass.

My advice: Go to a local junkyard and ask if they have any running f22's. If they say no, ask if they know someone who does or know of other salvage yards in the area. In my experience salvage yards have a good network with many other shops in the area. try doing a google maps search of your area and then searching for "honda salvage" etc. in your area on the map. Pros of buying local: many engines will come with at least some kind of warranty and you have someone to personally talk to if something is wrong with the engine after you get it running. Plus you save on shipping. And if you pull it yourself you are getting free experience and the install will go faster.

Also, you will not go far if you have a negative attitude and nice people will not be willing to help you when you come back for question round 2. Remember that this is free advice which people are taking their personal time to donate with no compensation. To get respect you must show it first. Go in with a positive attitude and you'll get more for it. My two cents. Good luck with the install.

pps deevergote is the owner of cb7tuner.com
                  Bought from: bmxicansd, casterx, Bruce Banner, lokuputha. Sold to: darkcloud, treyd82,

Comment

I threw a rod in my car too and right now is the time you need to think of if you want to go back with the f22 or save up for a H22 and get 200hp out the box. I went with choice B: H22 for $2325.00 and I am getting a LSD tranny too. If money is the issue and you need the car running now go to the junkyard and once it is running start saving all the money you can cuz no telling how long the motor will last you.

Comment

Working...
                    X