Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Strut Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strut Bar

Now does a strut bar really keep your chassis from twisting and flexing? If so is there more than just under the hood you can put on a 92 LX?

A good one will work. A cheap one will bend and do nothing. Check the Member Shops section of this site for chassis braces made by ESP. They are among the best options for our cars. Very well made, and reasonably priced.

Comment

Im with deevergote. A good quality one you will feel the diff not a cheap one. My best friend had an Ebay cheapie on his Cb7 and we both didnt feel much of a diff. After some time he dished out the money and got a Neuspeed one and all we could say was wow after taking the first turn with some speed behind us. Im waiting to find a Neuspeed used one on ebay, craigslist, or here to buy. Crossing my fingers.
      92 CB7 F22 5 speed.

^MY RIDE THREAD^

Comment

The Neuspeed bar is amazing. I wish I could fit one over my H22! The ESP bars are just as effective, though.

My girlfriend got me a "Matrix" cheapie once. $30, I think she paid. That sucker bent on me. Never did a thing. The Megan Racing bar that replaced it (which is also "cheap" in terms of price, but actually pretty well made!) is SO much better. I like my Megan bar.

Comment

I've got all 3 Megan bars on my LX and I am quite impressed with their build quality for the price. I got the set on eBay for about $120 including tax and shipping. I got them when Megan first came on the scene and nobody had heard of them, but the pictures looked good as far as the design goes, so I got them.

No matter what anyone says, each one does make a difference.
          Originally posted by Junior Smurff
          Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

I ran the Megan front upper for a bit before switching to the Neuspeed....night and day difference. The Megan is the best of the "cheapos" but still nowhere close to what Neuspeed has. I imagine the ESP 3-point bar would be better than the Neuspeed but doubt ESP's 2-point would offer much benefit at all over Neuspeed. What I like about Neuspeed that none of the others have is it actually bolts to the UCA anchor bolts AND tophat.....in turns alot of force pushes in on the anchor bolts and that's what makes such a big difference in ridgity.
            My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

The rear upper does some good, the rear lower tie bar does nothing. That is not a flex point for our cars.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                The rear upper does some good, the rear lower tie bar does nothing. That is not a flex point for our cars.
                What about the front lower tie bar? Does that help any?

Thanks.

Comment

Not at all. That's not a flex point for our cars.

Comment

Since where on this topic, Since my 94 has been fitted with an H22 head is there a strut bar out there that will fit or should I start thinking fabrication.

Comment

Since this site is dedicated to 90-93, I don't know that anyone here is going to be able to answer that accurately. You'd probably find a better answer on cd5tuner.com.

For the 90-93, an H22 swap makes the Neuspeed bar unusable. That is the best bar on the market, but also the only one I am aware of that won't fit. Any other bar will. I have a Megan Racing knockoff of a DC Sports bar in my car, and I notice the difference over stock.

Comment

Working...
                      X