Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Auto tranny issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well i have had totall sucess, i replaced the solenoid and presto all 4 gears again. Odd part is tho the new solenoid had the same bolt pattern and wiring harness but the design of the plate was different then my old one. Its also a genuine honda part which is really a good thing i kno there oem parts are awesome. But back to the solenoid looking different i put them together bottoms facing one another and realized that the solenoids themselves where in the right place even tho it looks different. I got home put it on and it looked like it was meant to be lol. So i put the other solenoid on hooked it up, meanwhile i reset the ecu/tcu again. Fired her up and let it run shut it off and headed down the road im very happy with myself for the way i went about fixing my problem..... it goes to show with some patience and enough research and going through all the variables and reading your codes yields you a great savings in money in the end lol cuz the tranny shop prolly would have wanted at least 300 bucks if not more to fix what i fixed granted they would have got it done a little quicker then i did but the savings is definetly worth the time energy and i love gettin down and dirty on a project anyways.

Comment

Unfortunately my sport mode is still stuck on but i haven't cleaned the shift lever posistion switch contacts yet and or checked for lose connections but that will only take a few min i think im gonna go tear it apart right now lol

Comment

New development it worked right for about an hour and then quit working again. throwing the same tranny code at me again code 1 and 6 cuz i went and picked up my little boys from there mom so i didn't work on the shifter posistion switch. Is it possible that i got a bad part??? It worked great it shifted smoother then it ever did before, it started right after i left advance auto parts (imagine that) i picked up six courts of castrol import trans fluid, anyone have any posistive negative feed back on it cuz i kno where supposed to stick with honda atf the generic won't work for it but its specific for our cars not just all purpose trans fluid.

Comment

You should only use genuine Honda ATF

Code 1 is Lock-up solenoid 'A' circuit open or shorted. Looks to me like you should put your old solenoid back and do what I said previously.
          Last edited by AbsurdNY; 03-11-2011, 11:25 PM.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
          Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
          My member's ride

Comment

well im gonna change the fluid 2.5 quarts at a time lol until i run 6 new quarts into it. and take the solenoid off and clean it and see what happens when i took the old solenoids off the lock up solenoid what shot it was not actuating my shift solenoid is working and in the middle of cleaning it , it started working really good the car has 200,000 mls there is a good chance my fluid is dirty. Even if it is red still, it did what it was doing right before i had this problem last time winding up really far under light throttle and then right after that it ends up getting shut down cuz i get to my destination and bam codes and limp mode on my tranny. So imma try castrol's import tranny fluid lot better then using wal-mart brand generic all purpose atf.

Comment

and also the guy who i bought my lock up solenoid from is a very good tranny shop, family owned and he has been working on all sorts for vehicles for years. So if he recomended to me to use the import tranny fluid, i feel confident in that, thats what they use in all there imports that they work on or rebuild the tranny's in.

Comment

So went and started my car today first time i touched it since friday night. I had my boys for the weekend, so it had to wait. I get in and start it and to my amazment no blinking sport light? wtf? lol So i went ahead and changed out the trans fluid 2.5 quarts at a time first time i pulled the drain plug omg it was covered in metal shavings and the fluid may have looked red on the dipstick but even using an old white bucket the fluid looked almost black not burned but it was really dark. so i ran five quarts into it and the castrol tranny fluid i got from advance auto even says its the equivalent to honda atf-z1. I drove the shit out of it put bout 50 miles on it, a few of them with my foot in it a little bit lol and it shifts out really nice now. The fluid was shot and so was the lock out solenoid, prolly cuz of the fluid needing changed for so long. Im gonna get a couple more quarts and drain it one more time, i'll update later whether its been a good or bad expierence im hoping for good. Tho like i said before with a little patience, reading your codes right, and checking all your variables can yeild u awesome results without it costing u an arm and a leg.

Comment

So i have put well over 500 miles on my car since all of this happened and everything is running great shifts good getting over 30 mpg on the highway and no more tranny issue's tho when i get extra cash im gonna change over to the oem honda atf for better peace of mind but all in all this is an excellent site and i give it up 2 all the guys that had 2 learn all of this stuff before me are cars aren't to bad to work on but they can still be a bitch if u don't have the right tools and thats almost a 100% garuntee that its gonna be a pain in the ass if u don't have the right tools it took me quite a few years and torn up knuckles to figure that one out lol but u live u learn keep up the good work i kno i'll run into an issue where i need help again haha

Comment

Working...
                  X