Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coilovers

hey addicts, once again i need some help... my dad is going to china, singapore and some other places... i need to lower my ride and instead of getting LOWERING SPRINGS only, im choosing to get full coilover...

now im not an expert... it seems complicated ... for example for tein, there are basic dampers, super street... luxury high tech and i cant make up my mind...
    i need one that i can control the stiffness and height... and it will be for everyday use...

question is which one... are coilovers worth it compared to lowering springs only?

and what about koni?

thanks guys

and concerning short shifter... my friend upgraded to a short shifter in his EK3 civic and it came as the whole stick...
    when i googled short shifters for the cb7, it came up with only a small piece of metal with holes for bolts...
    heres a link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-S...Q5fAccessories
    Last edited by gav_ish00; 03-05-2011, 11:43 AM. Reason: title modification

coilovers give you adjustability, while lowering springs can just cost lesshttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=139318
    read this and you'll learn all you need to know
    Being normal is probably the lamest thing you can try to be

Comment

If you want a shorter shifter then look into a 92-97 prelude shifter. It's a much shorter throw. Plus if you find on in a junk yard you could get it for cheap.
      Originally posted by Dr. Shuffles
      Prius? Fuck that shit. I can't afford those things. Why do you think I'm driving a Honda that's old enough to buy beer?

Comment

i would recomend the koni yellows off of the neuspeed.com website..and some ground control coil overs..or megan coil overs...also if ur getting the teins get the super street ones..those are the fully adjustable ones..basics are not,only hight adjustable..also function and form are a great set up as well..the type ones=only hight adjustable but the type 2s are fully adjustable.
        it all depends on what u want...i fed u some now its ur turn to find out the rest so u can figure out what u want.

my new turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by cbh23 View Post
          If you want a shorter shifter then look into a 92-97 prelude shifter. It's a much shorter throw. Plus if you find on in a junk yard you could get it for cheap.
          yes its shorter but not by much i can bearly tell the difference only sense its hight is shorter.but yes neuspeed also makes a short shifter adapter to give u that notchy feel if thats what ur lookin for....

my new turbo build

Comment

Neuspeed or H&R springs (I prefer the "sport" over the "race"... softer, and not as low... better for a daily driver) and a set of Koni Yellows are what I would choose, personally.

However, if you want coilovers, you have MANY choices. Tein makes decent stuff, so you're looking in the right direction. The Tein Basic coilovers are ideal for a street car that won't be raced. They're pretty soft for any road racing or autocrossing, but they're very good for a comfortable street ride. That would be my suggestion. The Tein Super Street are more race-oriented, and they only get more aggressive from there. Most other coilover setups on the market are very aggressive.
            Also, if you don't know what you're doing with adjustable components, then having the ability to adjust them is wasted on you. That's one reason why I stick with well-engineered springs... because I don't have the knowledge or tools to REALLY set up my suspension with adjustable stuff... I also don't race my car on anything but the drag strip. For the drag strip, I have my Koni Yellows... which allow me to adjust the stiffness. I make the rear stiff and reduce squat when launching. That's all I know how to do, and all I need!

As for the shifter... short shifters on our cars are known to make shifting VERY notchy. I have converted back to stock because it was so irritating, and because I was doing damage to my transmission. The Prelude shifter is the best option... not many people have complaints about that. There are also a few methods of making your own bracket, located in the DIY section of this site. You don't need to spend money on a fancy shifter. Homemade brackets are just as good, since the only function is to relocate the cable mounting point. It will be hidden under your shift boot, so it won't ever be seen anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X