Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

not sure I bought an A4 header.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not sure I bought an A4 header.

tripped over a tubular header in the section of CB7's and it was in front of an EX so I assumed it was the A4 header and bought it for $50, what i'm curious about is where the O2 plug is located. Is it supposed to be down by the flexpipe? I know where it's at on the regular headers, but is that different because of the tubular style?
    90 LX, 270,XXX miles strong!

Does it look like this?

Comment

If you have the o2 in the header, and the one you're buying (anyone) has the o2 in the F/P,
      then you run a simple re-wire and you're done .. the old o2 fits as well .. if you wanna keep it.

And yes .. that looks like it alright ..

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
        And yes .. that looks like it alright ..
        I was asking if his looked like the on in the pic I posted lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
          I was asking if his looked like the on in the pic I posted lol.
          LOL! I .. uhh, yeah, I knew that ..

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

It's close to that, but no big welds like that one has. Here's a pic:

I was assuming it was the A4 header cause it was partially underneath the front of an EX CB7 that was missing the block and surrounded by Accords on all sides.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that's the a6 header.

Comment

yep that's an ex header, hope you got the down-pipe that went with it because a a1 header is 4-1 and the ex header is a 4-2-1 header. the o2 sensor screws in right in front of the flex pipe on the ex header, where the down-pipe goes 2-1. if all you bought was the header, youll need to go back and get the downpipe to hook the exhaust system correctly

The past, to present.

Comment

Crap, i forgot to check the taillights for yellow uppers... hahaha... fail. Oh well, they're still better than the A1 headers right? would it be worth putting them on or no?

Comment

Originally posted by copbait View Post
                    yep that's an ex header, hope you got the down-pipe that went with it because a a1 header is 4-1 and the ex header is a 4-2-1 header. the o2 sensor screws in right in front of the flex pipe on the ex header, where the down-pipe goes 2-1. if all you bought was the header, youll need to go back and get the downpipe to hook the exhaust system correctly
                    Yep, got the down pipe too, spot on with what you said, it was all already unbolted sitting in front of/underneath the car begging for me to buy it. The flex pipe is trashed, though, looks like the yard guys cut it to get the cat off.

Comment

The a4 is better than the a6 and a1 and the a6 is better than the a1 so yeah it'll still be better than what you previously have.

Comment

Sweet, I know the A4 is supposed to be better, but to me a 4-2-1 is miles ahead of a 4-1. haha... now looking at the pic of the A4 it's all tubular, where the A6 is cast? other than that are there any other differences? like the diameters are the same and such?

Comment

I honestly don't know on that one man.

Comment

wow for $50 you could just buy a cheap ebay header for that price.
                            Checkout my MR: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165984

Comment

ehhh... not too keen on ebay stuff (says the guy with a lime green ebay shortram) yea $50 for the headers, but how much for shipping and then how long would they last? I'm really trying to keep to OEM parts as much as possible just to see where that can get the car.

Comment

Working...
                              X