Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

coil over kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Need4speed View Post
    i like to speed, i like to take corners when i can but on the flip side i live in Los Angeles and there's a lot of fucked up streets. i want to be able to hug the corner at a nice speed and not feel every bump and rock in the street.
    Koni Yellow shocks and Neuspeed Race springs would be a nice setup for you.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I would say you should be fine with a spring/strut combo, bushings, ball joints, camber kit, and a great set of tires. Good luck with your choice.
      1993 Accord EX
      2011 Subaru STi

Comment

i like to speed, i like to take corners when i can but on the flip side i live in Los Angeles and there's a lot of fucked up streets. i want to be able to hug the corner at a nice speed and not feel every bump and rock in the street.
        I live in LA as well and recently changed my suspension setup. It's my daily driver and I don't really "race it" so my setup is the eibach pro kit w/ tokico blues and progress camber kit. My drop is 1.3 in. all around in case u were wondering

i would recommend spring/strut combo instead of coilover kit as well. unless you want that ability to play with the ride height and dampening. maybe sportline springs and kyb agx's? or instead of agx's you could substitute for tokico illuminas? that setup would be 1.8 in. all around. both the agx's and illuminas u can change the dampening.

but what deevergote said, i wanted to ditto on that as well. make sure to inspect ur bushings, upper control arms, upper ball joints, tire rods, etc.
        best of luck to ya! and upload pics too!

Comment

Tokico HP (blues) are not intended for anything lower than roughly 1" under stock, and no spring rates higher than 15% over stock. They're better than blown 20 year old originals, but I honestly wouldn't trust my safety on such a mis-matched setup, especially if the car is pushed hard.
          KYB AGX (and their low-line GR2) are the same... though the AGX can go down to about 1.5". To be honest, most of the mild drops you'll find will be 1.8", so unless you're staying stock height, those shocks are no good to you.
          Tokico Illuminas are decent, but priced very close to the vastly superior Koni Sport (Koni Yellow.) There's really no point in getting them.

Koni Sport (Yellow... adjustable) or Koni STR.T (Orange... their low line, but very durable... essentially the Yellows on the "full soft" setting, with no adjustability.) are the only ones worth considering on a budget. Springs should be a quality brand, with a height and spring rate matched well to your driving needs. Stiffer is "sportier", but not always better... and if you're going to be running on rough roads, too stiff can be very dangerous.

Comment

When I'm inspecting these pieces what am I looking for or should I just change everything out?

about to get my hands dirty!

Comment

When I'm inspecting these pieces what am I looking for or should I just change everything out?
              well you might not have to change everything out. I mean your budget is 1,000.00. You certainly can but chances are you'll go over your budget yet at the same time you'll be assured everything is working.

will u be installing everything on your own?

When I recently did my setup, I had to replace the outer tie rods, upper ball joints, and my rack n pinion. the other stuff were still good. For the ball joints and outer tire rods look at the rubber bushings are they hard and most importantly torn? same thing applies to the rack and pinion is the boot on each end have tear in it and when u move it around you can see a gooey black substance leaking? than the rack and pinion needs to be replaced.

For your control arms check to see if they are bent cause if they are, once you install ur springs/struts and camber kit, you alignment wont be straight.

Comment

Any rubber component that is dry, torn, or broken should be replaced ASAP. If a ball joint boot is torn, replace the entire joint... and that should be done immediately, as driving on a ball joint with a torn boot is a disaster waiting to happen. If that fails, you WILL lose control of your car (and it won't fail when you're sitting still...)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  Any rubber component that is dry, torn, or broken should be replaced ASAP. If a ball joint boot is torn, replace the entire joint... and that should be done immediately, as driving on a ball joint with a torn boot is a disaster waiting to happen. If that fails, you WILL lose control of your car (and it won't fail when you're sitting still...)
                  you should always do safety checks before lowering any car. spend the little extra money to drop the car safely

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
                  My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
                  Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Comment

It's amazing how few people actually realize that.

Comment

How much of a drop does the FF Type 1s give you?
                      PSN
                      Vash744

MRT 1992 EX Coupe "The Jerk"
                      2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium Hatchback
                      2008 Honda Fit Sport (Totaled out - Death by fallen tree)
                      1993 CB7 Sedan LX (Totaled out)
                      1991 CB7 Sedan EX (Dead and Junked)

Comment

Working...
                      X