Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

throttle bodys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

throttle bodys

how does the diameter of a throttle body effect performance?

More airflow = more oxygen. More oxygen = more power (when combined with the proper amount of fuel...)

Comment

from what ive heard it has something to do with the mass air flow that gives more hp

Comment

oo speaking of throttle bodies....does any one know if the F22 and H22 plenum are the same?..reason i ask is because if i got a throttle body for my current f22 would i be able to use it on my H22 when i drop it in?

im trying to make the best of my F22 at the mo because the H22 aint for about another year

“I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don’t let someone else write the book.”
        — Mighty Car Mods

Comment

No, they are not the same. The F22A6 plenum will bolt to the H22A runners... but you'd be swapping on a smaller plenum. Not worth the tradeoff for a modified throttle body.

If you're putting the H22 in, don't waste money on the F22. If the H22 is a year away, save for a year... and do some SERIOUS upgrades with that money you saved. Don't piss it away on an engine that you're going to yank out.

Comment

so would a bigger diameter would be beter?

Comment

would a bigger diameter would flow more air?

Comment

sounds like yes, aight thanks

Comment

lol yeah bigger diameter is better.

the more air you can flow into the engine the more power it will create.

BUT you might need to look into what else would go good with the larger throttle body. if your gona do one thing you may aswell look at doing it all...money willing. its just to ensure your getting the best out of it is ill

“I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don’t let someone else write the book.”
                  — Mighty Car Mods

Comment

Just remmeber that the engine is a giant air pump. In order to make power, it has to be able to breathe... in and out. You'll only make as much power as your biggest bottleneck allows. A big throttle body will allow more air to come in, but if the engine can't get that air out, you're not going to see any benefit. If anything, you might actually lose power.

Don't start slapping parts on your car without knowing what they do, and how they interact with the other parts installed.

Comment

a stock camshaft h22 doesnt need a bigger throttle. When you get into bigger camshafts, sure.
                      www.850fab.com
                      IG - @850Fab
                      FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

There is no point in increasing the throttle body size if it does not match the diameter of the intake manifold. Besides, if your motor does not have the capability to flow more air (from a larger cam, longer stroke, bigger bore, forced induction, ect..) then increasing the throttle body diameter on a stock motor will most likely hurt performance. A larger diameter will decrease the velocity/momentum of the air being drawn into the plenum.

Comment

it wont hurt performance, just wont help.
                          www.850fab.com
                          IG - @850Fab
                          FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

Originally posted by 98vtec View Post
                            it wont hurt performance, just wont help.
                            it can hurt
                            2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
                            VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
                            VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
                            The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
                            August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
                            X