Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Transmission Fluid Running Low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transmission Fluid Running Low

well my project 1990 honda accord ex with f20a sohc automatic had just been finish about two weeks ago. When i first had the car up and running there was no transmission fluid so i fill it up to the marker on the tranny dip stick. Now two weeks later of driving my project car around town and some highway driving the dipstick on the tranny show no fluid at all. the reason why i checked it again was because the car didn't want to pull when i step on gas thats when i check the fluid and dipstick was empty. this is my second time refilling the tranny in one month. i checked the bolt to drain the tranny its tighten and no fluid is leaking out from there. I look all around the tranny and i see no fluid is leaking out. what could be the problem? could the transmission fluid be leaking to the bottom block? and my car still showing code 1 and 2. Is my tranny going out? I am ready to get another used 90 cb7 because this car have alot of issue or else i am going to buy a used stock automatic prelude lsd and see if it would fix the changes. i don't want to just spend money i do like to resolve this problems but it have alot of mixing stuff.
    Mrs. Reddy

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178119
    MY FOR SALE THREAD CLICK LINK ON TOP

You're losing it somewhere. Park the car over a clean piece of cardboard wide enough to fit between the tires and deep enough to fit front to back of the engine bay, and check it for drips in the morning. Check the axle seals on both sides.

Comment

Do park over a clean piece of cardboard, but also think of all the places it could go.
      I know that coolant lines run into the trans, check your coolant.
      I don't know if it's possible, but I guess it could run out and leak into your block. I'd think you'd be seeing other issues though.
      MRT
      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
      Originally posted by Tippey764
      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
      Originally posted by deevergote
      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

It won't leak into the block unless there's SERIOUS damage to both the transmission and the engine block.

It's leaking. Find the leak, and fix it. Washing the transmission will help in locating it as well, as the source of a leak will be easy to see on a nice clean transmission housing.

Comment

okay I am going to rinse the transmission and see if there's any leak when i get out from work. and also now since i refill the tranny fluid on the way to work today. the car kept on dieing out on me. i try to drive over 3k the rpm gauges start going crazy and the engine bog. if i was to do a complete stop the car die out..
          Mrs. Reddy

Comment

Is your check engine light on?

You may have something binding in the transmission if it's not engine-related. When my throwout bearing seized, that happened to me. I had to drive without the clutch for 150 miles, and give it gas any time I came to a stop to keep it from cutting out. FRIED the clutch and everything associated with it, too!

I assume you're automatic (didn't scroll back up to see if you said so....) If that's the case, and somethig is bad, you might be better off just shopping for another transmission. Some serious damage could have been done already.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              Is your check engine light on?

You may have something binding in the transmission if it's not engine-related. When my throwout bearing seized, that happened to me. I had to drive without the clutch for 150 miles, and give it gas any time I came to a stop to keep it from cutting out. FRIED the clutch and everything associated with it, too!

I assume you're automatic (didn't scroll back up to see if you said so....) If that's the case, and somethig is bad, you might be better off just shopping for another transmission. Some serious damage could have been done already.
              yes its an automatic. and the check engine is on. i do have to step on the gas at the light so it won't cut out. when first start the engine. everything run normal til i drive the car and get to a light thats when i have to press on the gas a little so it wont died out. i guess this is a good reason to get a stock lsd transmission. But i did hope it was a small fix but i don't want to risk with this tranny and ended up something going wrong and im stuck waiting for a tow truck. last nite i had to tow the car from walmart and i only live around the corner from there. wasted ten dollar. now that im at work hopefully i could make it home and leave it in the garage til i order a new rebuilt tranny.
              Mrs. Reddy

Comment

Pull the code for that CEL and see what the problem is. Fix what you can. Keep fluid in the transmission.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  Pull the code for that CEL and see what the problem is. Fix what you can. Keep fluid in the transmission.
                  how do you pull code for the CEL? is it when i jump the blue plug under the passenger side? if it is. my sis light get one fast blink and two fast blink. here whats else occur yesterday, i got home from work i park in the drive way. i clean out my tranny and was planning to park the car in the garage and put card board under it. i started the car and it started up normal. but once i put in drive and press on the gas the car shut off. i did it the second time. start up the car and once i press on gas a little bit the rpm go down and when i press harder it go down all the way to the point the car shut off. i think there is alot of problem with this car. this one is really confusing me.
                  Mrs. Reddy

Comment

okay i did some search and this what i think is wrong also for the reason why check engine light is on. since check engine light is on i have code 1 & 2 and both is for oxygen sensor 1 & 2 and for tcu error code would be lock up solenoid A & B circuit open or short. is this correct?
                    Mrs. Reddy

Comment

Originally posted by splitsecondcb View Post
                      how do you pull code for the CEL? is it when i jump the blue plug under the passenger side? if it is. my sis light get one fast blink and two fast blink. here whats else occur yesterday, i got home from work i park in the drive way. i clean out my tranny and was planning to park the car in the garage and put card board under it. i started the car and it started up normal. but once i put in drive and press on the gas the car shut off. i did it the second time. start up the car and once i press on gas a little bit the rpm go down and when i press harder it go down all the way to the point the car shut off. i think there is alot of problem with this car. this one is really confusing me.
                      Can you be more specific with your codes?
                      The CEL will blink to give you your engine problems. The D4 light will blink to give you your transmission problems.
                      MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post
                        Can you be more specific with your codes?
                        The CEL will blink to give you your engine problems. The D4 light will blink to give you your transmission problems.
                        i have a S light for the transmission problems. but how do i make the CEL blink? is it the same as putting the clip in the blue plug under the dash board on the passenger side?
                        Mrs. Reddy

Comment

I'm not sure how the 9091s work. I thought it would be similar to the 9293.
                          Best guess is the S is for the trans and the CEL is for the Engine. If the CEL isn't blinking, then you have no codes for the engine. If the S light blinks, then you have codes for the trans.
                          MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post
                            I'm not sure how the 9091s work. I thought it would be similar to the 9293.
                            Best guess is the S is for the trans and the CEL is for the Engine. If the CEL isn't blinking, then you have no codes for the engine. If the S light blinks, then you have codes for the trans.
                            9091s blink the s4 light for tabs errors where as the 9293s use the d4 light.

Comment

if the S light is for my tcu then why is my check engine light is on? that is the only part i am confuse about.
                              Mrs. Reddy

Comment

Working...
                              X