Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

what motor do i have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has nothing at all to do with compression.

Also, the air in the engine bay is not considerably warmer than the air in the fenderwell while the car is in motion. The only time you're sucking in "hot" engine bay air is when your car is sitting at idle for an extended period of time.

I paid $200 for an AEM CAI back when I was new to the game. Cut a hole in my car to fit it through... a hole that is now terribly rusty. If I could do it again, I would DEFINITELY get a short ram.

Whatever you get, be sure to use a quality filter. The cheapie ebay short ram intakes are fine for the pipe, but the filters are awful, and won't keep dirt out of your engine. Invest in a good filter from AEM or K&N.

Comment

cool thanks. i always thought short ram was the way to go. i've just been hearing that lately and maybe thought there was some truth to that. plus cant you suck up water and hydro lock the motor with cold air intakes? j/w

Originally posted by wed3k
      are you serious? thats like blaming the rubber because you didn't get the right size for your dick.

Comment

Yeah, you can. You have to submerge the entire filter, so it's difficult to do if you're careful (I've had one since 2003, and I live in the swamplands... never even had a scare!) They make a bypass valve that can eliminate that threat. However, the power difference is MAYBE 1-2hp between a SRI and a CAI... so the easier and safer SRI is the best choice. Not to mention, when you have to remove the intake to work on certain parts under the hood, the SRI is a quick 2 minute uninstall. The SRI takes a good deal more time, and can be a pain in the ass to remove.

Comment

right i've had no problems with any of the sri"s on any of my past cars but i just figured id check first. well hopefully i'll have all of that getting shipped by mid february. i'll try to take some pictures when the weather get better and i wash my car. its encrusted with chicago road salt. lol any suggestions for fixing the honda cancer on the rear wheel wells? i just figure take it to a body shop. i hate messing around with bondo!

are you serious? thats like blaming the rubber because you didn't get the right size for your dick.

Comment

I also found that the throttle response was better with the SRI vs CAI as well. The SRI can be a bit louder but for me that wasn't a bad thing. Sounded like a hoover vacuum under the hood...lol and when you gave it a blip on the throttle is sounded pretty deep.

As for the cancer, only way to beat it is to completely remove it! If your not a body guy take it to a shop. make sure they use new metal and not just Bondo the hole though.
            MR Thread
            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Yeah, I've noticed the throttle response as well. Of course, it was my car compared to my friends' cars, so it wasn't a direct comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                Don't delete the cat. You won't gain anything by doing so, other than a car that sounds terrible, smells worse, and is thoroughly illegal.l.
                Doesn't this take some power away? B/c if I'm not mistaken, the cat produces a lot of the back pressure needed for good exhaust function...

Originally posted by Makaveli2k
                White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

Comment

*sigh*

Would you like to explain to me why you need backpressure? I'm curious.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    *sigh*

Would you like to explain to me why you need backpressure? I'm curious.
                    i was actually thiking the same thing. lol

Comment

It's hard to believe that requiring back pressure in exhaust systems is still a topic of conversation these days.
                      MR Thread
                      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                      X