Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

what motor do i have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what motor do i have?

i have a 1991 honda accord lx. what motor do i have i think its a f22a or f22b but i dont know. thanks for your help!

Originally posted by wed3k
    are you serious? thats like blaming the rubber because you didn't get the right size for your dick.

Are you serious?

One question? Did you look in the engine bay, down at the engine to the front left? There's a little square that sticks off somewhat, that show's the engine code.

Go outside and try that. Please do so, come back and let us know what it is. LX's come with an A1. If someone who owned it before did a swap, you will be able to tell.
    '91 Concord Metallic Blue. Status: under construction

Comment

Originally posted by jamaicancb3 View Post
      Are you serious?

One question? Did you look in the engine bay, down at the engine to the front left? There's a little square that sticks off somewhat, that show's the engine code.

Go outside and try that. Please do so, come back and let us know what it is. LX's come with an A1. If someone who owned it before did a swap, you will be able to tell.
      Maybe he didn't have any idea where to find the block code . . .
      He has 2 posts here, and only joined this forum today.

OP - You can find the code as described above to confirm what engine you have.
      Its located on the block below the upper radiator hose, next to the rubber block covering the timing marks.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

...or... post a picture.
        Checkout my MR: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165984

Comment

yea man its enscripted on you engine block by exhaust manifold

Comment

its a f22a1 thanks for the help guys. google wasnt workin for shit! lol fyi i just bought my accord like a week ago first 5speed and first honda. im excited to get workin on it.

are you serious? thats like blaming the rubber because you didn't get the right size for your dick.

Comment

cool what are you gonna do first to it ????

Comment

Research!

You will grow to love your Honda if you are into research and learning how things work. The Accord is a great chassis to learn from, it is resilient
                MR Thread
                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

im buying megan headers and ebay catback exhaust. a cat delete, and a new muffler. so full exhaust. i need to learn what to do to these motors im not familiar. so i might cam it, stuff like that. i want to do coilovers, paint job, i have to fix the honda cancer on both wheel wells. hid's so i've got some plans for it. i originally started looking for an eg6 civic but couldnt find any that didnt have sketchy swaps or that were in my price range. but everywhere i would go i'd always find an accord so i grew into them and decided to get one.

Comment

You only have one header on an inline 4 cylinder engine. The Megan header won't give you much of a performance gain over your stock manifold. It'll just look better, and sound different.
                    Don't delete the cat. You won't gain anything by doing so, other than a car that sounds terrible, smells worse, and is thoroughly illegal.

As for lowering the car, DO YOUR RESEARCH! You strike me as someone who takes the cheap way out, and knows little about what you're doing. That's fine with the engine, but when you start messing with the suspension, you're putting your life at risk. Do it right, and be safe. Look for just about any post about suspension written by me or mndude07, and you'll find good information.

As for answering your original question... if the motor is original, you have the F22A1. All the F22A motors are essentially the same, with different parts bolted to them. The F22B motors came in the 5th gen, and aren't quite as good in terms of performance potential.

Comment

i def dont always plan to take the "cheap" way out its just that i am on a legit budget. as far as suspension i do plan on waiting and saving up for full coilovers and a camber kit and the whole nine yards. its just that with the exhaust. i honestly dont see anything wrong with buying the ebay cat back. like ive had friends that have bought the stuff and have had no problems with exhaust leaks or anything of that nature. ofcourse it sounded cheesy at first but, i dont plan to keep it that way. its more or less for the piping. going to a shop and having them bend 2.5" inch piping all the way back is quite expensive. so the way i figure it is i get that for around $150 the HEADER will reduce my back pressure and incrase acceleration and air flow, maybe true on not much actual performance but its all a process i understand that. if i had 1400 dollars to go and buy a "real" exhaust system for my car then hey i would, but i have to do with what i can afford. so i dont see that as being a mistake or whatever you might call it. plus hey if it was a mistake atleast ill learn for the future.

Comment

you have to have alot of money and do alot of s**t to make a f22 fast just remember there is the h22 vtec that will fit directly in

Comment

that is true ill have to look at some threads to see how big of a project that really is. cuz it would have to be done over a weekend cuz i only have this car and need it for work. but that is a good suggestion. thanks.

Comment

The "ebay" exhaust is fine. It won't sound great, but there's nothing wrong with it.
                            The Megan header won't really offer any improvement. Yes, your theory is correct... but only when the header actually provides better flow. The cheap, generic header design found in most F22A headers offers very little gain. Furthermore, the cheap parts are known to leak or break quickly... so if your stock stuff is still in good shape, I'd stick with it.

The only mistake that I'm warning about is the suspension. Hopefully your plan does include buying quality parts... springs, properly matched shocks, camber kit... If you make a mistake with your suspension, you may not be around to learn from it. The majority of new members here usually think it's fine to put no-name $40 coilover sleeves on their 20 year old stock shocks, slamming the car to the ground, and think it's safe to drive that way... and that is not the case! I tend to jump to conclusions. Those people are also often the ones that hollow their cat, get cheap headers and exhaust systems, etc...

Comment

I understand where your coming from and apreciate the concern. im actually wondering alittle bit about. whether or not short ram intake is worth it or not? i hear that short ram is actually hurting more than helping due to it sucking in all the hot air from the engine bay instead of cool air from the bumper or wherever which helps your compression. any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                              X