Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Heater Valve blocked, Water not Going Into the Heater Core

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heater Valve blocked, Water not Going Into the Heater Core

its been two days that its raining here in Saudi Arabia and it got really cold here,the heater wasnt working, i checked everything, but i found out that the heater water inlet hose has been blocked by someone who owned the car earlier, the water is not going through the engine to the heater valve, though it is not that cold here, and there is no thermostat in my CB7, i just wanted to have advice from you guys,and want to know ur expertise,shuld i open it and let the water go in? may be the heater core would b blocked and someone has already closed the heater inlet hose?in extreme summer season, the engine gets overheated if it runs above 160 km/h with the AC on at level 3, if i get the car running on 140 with level two, it comes back to normal, point to be noted, there is no Thermostat in my car, if i will get to fix it,first i will have to put thermostat, then i will have to buy a heater core from the junk yard, shud i get it done?though it is not that important to get the heater on, but regarding overheating in summer season,,,? what shud i do?i have changed the radiator, water pump, and have drained and refilled the coolant for several times, n i bleed the system properly,,,,advices needed? please?

It gets cold in Saudi Arabia?

Was the inlet hose blocked intentionally, or is it clogged? Many products designed to stop a radiator leak tend to block up the coolant passages and/or heater core.

If it's an intentional blockage that you can locate, by all means, unblock it! If it's a clog, then it might take some work to find out exactly what part is clogged. Take things apart until you locate it, and then either unclog or replace the part.

I would definitely put a thermostat in... though I don't believe your problem is related to not having one installed.

I'm no expert with this stuff, though. I HATE dealing with fluids!

Comment

Hell yea it gets cold over there....its the desert.

120* during the day and as low as 40* at night....now while that might not sound cold when your use to 120*, 40* is damn cold.

Comment

That's true. I forgot the desert has such a fluctuaton.

Man, it was 45* today and I was driving around with the windows down... watching the snow melt!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          That's true. I forgot the desert has such a fluctuaton.

Man, it was 45* today and I was driving around with the windows down... watching the snow melt!
          LOL

I didn't leave the house at all today....wait...i lied.....i did to remove a stain from the Accord and wash it.

yea it wasn't cold actually but my hands were pretty frozen from the cold water.

Comment

ayeap,it surily is cold these days,,the temperature does not fall that much, but because of the rain blows fast here,, because its a desert, no one can stand out on the road or in open area because of the cold wind breeze and yes,the heater inlet hose has been blocked intentionally,,,it has been blocked by someone earlier....before i bought the vehicle two years back
            Last edited by saqi44; 01-22-2011, 10:18 AM.

Comment

If that's the case, then it shouldn't be too difficult to undo. Just remove whatever they used to block it, and put it back together as it should be. It SHOULD work just fine. Why did they block it off in the first place, do you know? That makes no sense to me!

Comment

Take both heater core hoses off and run water through it from a water hose to see if it blocked or not. If not hook everything up accordingly. Also, please install your thermostat, its there for a reason
                On the overheating issue, its very hot where you are at, you should look into getting some more powerful radiator fans to help dissapate the heat.

Comment

got that,,,,, and i will get it done tomorrow in the morning,,, its weekend here and i didnt get any tool from the workshop to get it fixed,,,,and i will put a thermostat in it,,,,and powerful radiator fans too,,thanx alot for the help

Comment

Np, please keep us informed. I was always curious of how well a honda would operate in extreme heats.I think we all on the east coast know how they operate in extreme 3ft. snow lol.

Comment

honda works perfectly fine over here, i just changed the water pump by a local manufacturer, before that it never overheated, i have a sohc 2000cc engine F20A, here we do have a scrap yard, they bring the JDM CB7 directly from japan in which i found a lethal engine of H22B and man ! that was the cleanest motor i have ever seen, no leakages, no rust,no coolant rust,,NOTHING, as that person was selling it to me in 585$ and to get the V-tech on 140$ to be more precise, including labour and wiring and everything, and i was too desperate of getting that into my CB7 and he guaranteed 240 HP with the manual transmission, but another friend of mine told me not to get that, as sohc engines are simple and less expensive to maintain, so i changed my mind and thought of keeping the same engine, i got the ECU for 3$ and the main replay for 20$,,,,, Hondas are expensive to keep,,but thanx to CB7tuner.com that i looked for a junk yard and found that and life got better,,,,, here is a place where they turn CB7 into rear wheel drive and they put performance parts in those and some cb7 i have seen with twin turbo fitted in American Models, and with NOS in them,,,, the Cb7 i have,was in worst condition and the guy who sold me on installments charged alot for this CB7,,but i love the drive and the style of it,,, i can get KIA or hyundi cars easily, and as i am working in spare parts,,it will b no problem for me to maintain them,but honda,,has got the driving pleasure,which i appreciate the most, going from Khobar to Makkah takes almost 12 hours for 1600 KM,,,but i take only 8 hours to reach 1600 KM,,non stop, 180-200 km/hour is nooooo problem,and the car has never let me down,,,,NEVER,,220km/h is the top speed on which i have gone,but 210 is no problem,,,,,check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02Qoz...layer_embedded

Comment

Working...
                      X