Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

rpm jumping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rpm jumping

my 92 accord lx rpm jumping all over the place and now the car dont wont to stay running.its spit and sputter to and then dies i put a new coil,dizzy,rotor button and main relay what else can it be plz help

There are 3 likely causes (none of which are the parts you've already replaced...)

Bad ignitor
    Faulty ground connection
    Base idle being WAY off

Fix those things, and you will most likely fix your problem. I suspect the ignitor from what you say, but do the other 2 first... they're free.

Comment

ok how do i fix the Base idle

Comment

See the thread at the top of this section that says "read this first"? There's a reason why it says that... the most common things are addressed in there. That is one of them.

Comment

ok sorry ill check it out ty

Comment

ok i let the car set all night started it up today i got cel on so i wrote the code down.they are 4,6,8,10,12,14,16 ty

Comment

on the egr can i just take it off and clean it for it to work. what can i do with the other codes can i clean them or what i got to get this car fix my lil girl got doctor app.plz help thank yall

Comment

Remember, when you have a problem like this that seems like it might be common (our cars are around 20+ years old) be sure and check out the Do It Yourself section.
                Hope this helps you out my man!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=EGR+valve

Originally posted by Makaveli2k
                White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

Comment

Does any one no if I can delete the egr. if so how do I go about delete it thank yall

Comment

There are no gains from doing this, other than bypassing an emissions control device. You don't need to ask that question twice in a row. You don't need to change the topic of the thread to ask that question. You also don't need to be deleting factory emissions systems when you're trying to diagnose a problem with your car. FIX IT, then modify it.

I'm done helping here... good luck to you.

Comment

Classic ignitor problems, did you put in a brand new dizzy? or a junkyard one?

Comment

Working...
                      X