Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

is timing hard to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is timing hard to do?

im just wondering if timing is hard to do on a 92 im about to tackle the task today or tomorrow?

setting is no biggie , just bump the dizzy easily . changing the timing belt is a diff. story.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

changin a timing belt is not such an easy task. It requires patience, finess and a little knowledge. Id grab a book on how to do this and read up on it before you jump into it. Things like top dead center and making sure the timing marks are aligned properly are things you should know well before a job like this. Once you do know its not so bad. Be gentle with the timing covers too. they crack easily.

Comment

Ignition timing? Valve timing? Quater mile timing?

How about you read a book, see what is involved in doing whatever task you're curious about, and determine if it's beyond your own abilities or not. Because someone else's opinion of whether or not it is "hard" may not be accurate when your own abilities are concerned.

Comment

Like said read how to change the timing belt and look up for some videos from the internet. When you feel you are up to it, then just remember that you reserve well enough time to do it and prepare for that it doesn't go as smooth as on the vids or in the books. Check that you've got all the tools and parts you need. Don't skip any phase that you encounter cause there aren't any shortcuts. Keep for ex. haynes manual or similar on the hand while changing it so you can follow it step by step. After all it's not a big deal to change it, but if you haven't done it then it's kind of scary thing to do. You might end ruining your motor if you do it wrong. And if you read the books then there should be mentioned that it's good to change your water pump while doing the timing. Let us know how it goes.

Good luck for the job!

Comment

if it is ignition timing then make sure you jump the service check connector by the pass kick panel
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmasxgJdXJ8 I found this in the DIY section.But, like Deevergote said,if you feel its beyond your abilities,give yourself time to study.Try going to a junkyard and fooling around on an engine sometime.Its a great way to learn before making fatal mistakes on your labor of love!

Comment

Ooops! I apologize, the video is no longer posted! Still, theres plenty on the internet you can find.Good luck!

Comment

Nothing is 'hard to do' if you do research, ask questions, and be patient.

Comment

There's a DIY section in this forum that has some info in it.

I have a video that I purchased from EricTheCarGuy for 9.99 and it's an hour long and very informative..

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                    2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

^^ Was Thinkin Of Gettin That, Does He Work On 6th Accord? Tbelt Same As A Cb's.

Hmm I Thought The Dvd Was 15 And The Download From Online Was 10
                      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
                        ^^ Was Thinkin Of Gettin That, Does He Work On 6th Accord? Tbelt Same As A Cb's.

Hmm I Thought The Dvd Was 15 And The Download From Online Was 10
                        He works on a 97 Accord.

I have the online download..........

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                        1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                        1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                        2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Working...
                        X