Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Considering Rear Crossmember Swap (01 Accord V6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering Rear Crossmember Swap (01 Accord V6)

Hey Guys,

I was curious if anyone has found a thread regarding doing an 01 Accord Rear Crossmember swap? I know I found a thread recently about 99 Acura 2.3 CL full crossmember swap, but I'm wondering if there is any advantage to the 01 Accord V6 brake swap (other than ROH/5 Bolt Conversion)? Are the calipers any bigger in the rear, or the rotors?

Let me know, thanks guys.

Accords aren't ROH in the rear, only the front.

There is no point in a rear crossmember swap unless your doing it to add a stock sway bar

Also a 98-02 accord rear suspension is completly different then a 90-97 accord. It won't work. Also just do a stock rear disc swap from a 9293 EX, thats all you need for the rear.

Comment

I already have all wheel disc brakes, I'm trying to explore my options about making things easier with regards to removing the rotors, and possibly having 5 bolt also. I didn't know that the rears weren't ROH on all Accords. Thanks for letting me know. So are there any options for rear rotor over hub? Or is that a lost cause?

If not the whole crossmember off the 01 Accord v6, then maybe the spindle/knuckle?

Comment

Originally posted by opiateofsorrow View Post
        I already have all wheel disc brakes, I'm trying to explore my options about making things easier with regards to removing the rotors, and possibly having 5 bolt also. I didn't know that the rears weren't ROH on all Accords. Thanks for letting me know. So are there any options for rear rotor over hub? Or is that a lost cause?

If not the whole crossmember off the 01 Accord v6, then maybe the spindle/knuckle?

Ah sorry i said that wrong

Are accords are rotor over hub in the rear. My bad

For 5 lug in the rear you can use a prelude rear hub or i've been thinking of exploring the posbility of a 1996-1998 acura 3.2TL for parts ( they are very similar to accords )

Comment

I think we were confusing eachother! lol

Okay cool. So our 91-93 Accords have Rotor over Hub in the rear, perfect. Haha I've never had to change my rears before so I guess that answers my lack of knowledge. I may have my terminologies wrong, if you could correct me on the difference between a knuckle and a spindle that would be great.

Which year Prelude is it that is compatable, do you know? When I was citing the 99 2.3 CL rear crossmember, its actually a bigger brake and caliper with 5 bolt, AND a beefier sway bar. But he also said its wider, so your tires will stick out slightly further than the stock accord crossmember. Still, three advantages over our stock crossmember FTW.

Look for the thread on the CL crossmember swap.. I unfortunately don't have it on me. You have to take the brake cable from the CL also, because it needs to be longer.

Comment

I think we were confusing eachother! lol

Okay cool. So our 91-93 Accords have Rotor over Hub in the rear, perfect. Haha I've never had to change my rears before so I guess that answers my lack of knowledge. I may have my terminologies wrong, if you could correct me on the difference between a knuckle and a spindle that would be great.

Which year Prelude is it that is compatable, do you know? When I was citing the 99 2.3 CL rear crossmember, its actually a bigger brake and caliper with 5 bolt, AND a beefier sway bar. But he also said its wider, so your tires will stick out slightly further than the stock accord crossmember. Still, three advantages over our stock crossmember FTW.

Look for the thread on the CL crossmember swap.. I unfortunately don't have it on me. You have to take the brake cable from the CL also, because it needs to be longer.
            A spindle is the thing that spins, it mounts to the knuckle, the peice that mounts to the control arms for vertical movement over bumps and shit

The 1997-1999 acura CL's are not 5 lug, they are 4x114.3 just like accords. The rear sway bar is swappable its a solid 16mm bar. The bigger brakes only apply to the 3.0CL and they are identical to the accord wagon brakes exept they are ROH

Comment

When you say the 3.0 CL's brakes are bigger, are you referring to front or back, both? I'm only looking for rear bigger brakes, I already have the front big brakes.

I have a completely different rear sway bar for my 91 coupe than I did for my 93 sedan. To my knowledge, you have to swap out the crossmembers in order to use the thicker sway bar. Or am I wrong.

Comment

When you say the 3.0 CL's brakes are bigger, are you referring to front or back, both? I'm only looking for rear bigger brakes, I already have the front big brakes.

I have a completely different rear sway bar for my 91 coupe than I did for my 93 sedan. To my knowledge, you have to swap out the crossmembers in order to use the thicker sway bar. Or am I wrong.
                The 3.0CL only has bigger front brakes

Heres some cold hard proof for you too, i did alot of research to find bigger rear sway bars and brakes using this

http://www.hondanews.com/channels/ac...query=acura+cl

You only need to swap the rear cross member if your accord did not already have a rear sway bar.

Heres a DIY i made on swapping the rear crossmember actually

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...61#post2696861

Comment

My CG has ROH in the rear. Just saying.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                  Originally posted by Jarrett
                  Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Working...
                  X