Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

fuel injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel injectors

hey ive heard of some people using Mitsubishi eclipse injectors. Can someone please tell me if i install these into a stock f22 motor with the pressure regulator form the eclipse, will i get any gain?
    Originally posted by Gummiegorilla
    Damn CBs are like a Rubix Cube sometimes !!!!

Not without tuning. Even then, If you have a stock F22 there is not much to gain running 450cc injectors. You would probably end up running 450cc injectors at 53.34% duty cycle after a tune, that means you wouldn't be using 450cc, more like 240cc
    Last edited by GhostAccord; 12-30-2010, 02:22 PM.
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

what are the stock f22 injectors

Comment

Originally posted by pedalpusher90 View Post
        what are the stock f22 injectors
        235cc is stock.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

They are listed as 240cc (give or take 10cc for actual flow)
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

More fuel does not equal more power. More fuel actually equals LESS power. The key is to have ENOUGH fuel for your application.

Unless you're going with forced induction, or a really crazy N/A build, the stock injectors will be fine. You only need enough fuel at any given time to reliably and safely combust with the oxygen coming through the throttle body.

Comment

Oh, that makes sence, what other upgrades can i do besides a sri,a6 cam,a6 ecu, and intake mani? i want a little bit more pop, money is kind of tight, but i can save a little bit. and i want to stay naturally aspirated.

Comment

That covers most of the worthwhile cheap bolt-on upgrades. Other than that, you could get a chipped ECU and a Delta cam regrind. Beyond that, you're looking at some money.

I would focus on suspension next. Replace all your bushings with urethane ones, upgrade to quality shocks and springs (this isn't cheap to do right, so wait until you can.) Strut bars, sway bars...

Comment

By chipped ecu, do you mean hondata? how do i find out about a Delta cam regrind? and as far as suspention what about skunk2 struts on megan racing adjustable lowering springs, or are you recomending 2k for a complete strut/spring package?

Comment

Hondata is only one of the companies/programs used to tune an ECU. They are also one of the most expensive... IMO, a complete waste of money.
                    Look in the ECU Tuning subforum of the Performance section on this site, and you will learn quite a bit.

For a Delta cam regrind, contact Delta Camshafts. Google is your friend. I've run out of spoons.

Skunk2 struts are absolute shit, and Megan Racing coilovers aren't much better. If you want adjustable coilovers, get a full set (Form and Function Autosport Type 1 or 2, Tein Basic, Tein SS, etc... LOTS of options for $800 or less), or get a set of Ground Control coilovers with Koni Yellow shocks. However, if you don't NEED adjustable coilovers, and don't understand how to properly set them up, I'd suggest getting some quality springs with properly matched shocks. Leave the thinking work to the experts.
                    Personally, I suggest the Neuspeed Cup Kit... Neuspeed Koni Yellows and Neuspeed Race springs. It's the simplest, easiest, and most reliable setup you can get. You simply CAN'T go wrong with that. Of course, you'll want an SPC or Ingalls camber kit if you don't want to be blowing through tires every $7000 miles... and of course, an alignment as soon as all thta is installed.

Comment

thanks deev thats quite a bit of info

Comment

Working...
                      X