Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Possible fuel leak!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible fuel leak!

I'm only getting about 21-22mpg, all highway. I smell fuel, pretty strong, only when I crack my windows. The smell seems to gather in the trunk, im hoping someone else has had these symptoms and knows a possible source.
    350z- Injen CAI & CB, Stillen testpipes & headers, kinetix SSV plenum, TEIN SS coilovers
    90 LX- a6 conversion, 2.5in exhaust

There are all sorts of possible sources. Have you done any troubleshooting other than opening the window? Cycle the key on/off/on/off several times to run the fuel pump and pressurize the fuel system. Check all line connections starting at the tank (connections are on the left side of the tank hidden by a shield). My main line rusted enough to have fuel dripping at that connection. check the connections at the fuel filter (on passenger side firewall). Connections to the fuel rail, at injectors, at pressure regulator (left end of fuel rail). If nothing there, and the smell is really only at the rear, you may have to drop the tank.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I already fixed a leak at the throttle body, I replaced the fuel filter and pressure regulator. everything in the bay is good, and i have not seen any signs of leaks by the tank or running to the bay. Looks like im going to have to drop the tank thinking it might be some sort of seal on the tank w/ the pump hence the smell in the trunk.
      350z- Injen CAI & CB, Stillen testpipes & headers, kinetix SSV plenum, TEIN SS coilovers

Comment

Does it happen at any fuel level in the tank?

Could be leaking from the tank itself around the middle seam (between the top and bottom half of the tank). I had a similar problem and it was due to rust (it started within the seam and caused the upper and lower half of the tank to separate slightly). It would only leak/smell if I pumped more than half tank of gas though.

Comment

Thats probably it, cuz it smells the strongest after I top off the tank, once I get down to like half or below it seems to go away.

Comment

this threads helped me in problem solving for me hope it has for the OP, thanks.

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
            UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
            NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Working...
            X