Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Another auto seat belt issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another auto seat belt issue

So, my drivers side automatic belt stopped working properly today.

I checked the fuse, it was fine.
    I swapped it out with a new fuse, no effect.
    I tried removing the positive battery cable to reset everything, but that didn't work either.

If I force it to the rear position, it goes right back to the front position if I open the door. So, it has power.. theres not obstructions blocking it... what am I missing here? Is there some kind of sensor that has failed?

I have been searching the archives for a good hour and a half.

Just so you know, taking it to a dealership is the last thing I want to do, as the nearest dealership is 2 hours away

1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan, 205K, DD once again

i have already done a thread on this but, here ya go . honda has a lifetime warranty on the automatic seat belts. call your local dealer and ask for the service manager, tell him you need it looked at , if its the faulty parts covered in the warranty ( it usually is ) they will call the parts in and call you back to get the work done . honda will do for FREE .

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
      i have already done a thread on this but, here ya go . honda has a lifetime warranty on the automatic seat belts. call your local dealer and ask for the service manager, tell him you need it looked at , if its the faulty parts covered in the warranty ( it usually is ) they will call the parts in and call you back to get the work done . honda will do for FREE .
      Originally posted by The_Head View Post
      Just so you know, taking it to a dealership is the last thing I want to do, as the nearest dealership is 2 hours away

Also, I did call them, and they told me they will replace parts for free, but diagnosis is not free. Getting there is not free either. I am hoping to solve this problem with out them, with the help of CB tunerz.

Comment

do what you got to do then .being a safety issue , i didn't pay crap and got some free honda hats , shirts and meet some cool salesmen.i had to drive 45 min. to get to the closest dealer. you can get standard seat belts and redo them. but if they are gonna do it for free why not ?

Comment

sigh, I don't yet have the knowledge to repair this issue. I have a feeling it's something simple though.

I have no desire to convert to manual seat belts at this point in time.

It's a huge hassle to go to the dealership. For one thing, I would have to make 2 appointments, 1 for diagnosis (which I would have to pay for), then another for parts installation, because they would most likely have to order parts. I have to go over a 9666 foot mountain pass to get to the closest dealership, and here we are in the beginning of winter.

Comment

here's a idea, call and ask if they will tell you the most commonly known part that gives out and then ask on the location . they had to remove the door trim inside and remove the glove box . haha they would not allow me to watch or i would tell ya more.

Comment

I actually know one of the techs, so I can give him a call. I have taken a lot of side work for him for a few years now.

Comment

Working...
              X