Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Can I swap ECU's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I swap ECU's?

yup its SNOOZE again with another n00b question....

Say i had 2 CB7s with swaped H22s.....but one didnt have an ECU, would i be able to use the ECU from the other car?

Wouldnt recommend it but itll run it.Probably run like doo doo. Dont even start it until you get the correct ECU...P13..
    www.PreludePower.com
    BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

Originally posted by BLUBB2 View Post
      Wouldnt recommend it but itll run it.Probably run like doo doo. Dont even start it until you get the correct ECU...P13..
      That completely made no sense. Why would he have the incorrect ECU for the other H22? Unless he didn't know what he was buying.

A P13 is a P13. Make sure you disconnect the battery for about 5-15 minutes to allow the ECU to reset itself. You should be good. Or goto a junkyard and buy a P13 if you really need both cars running. They're not that expensive.
      '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
      If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
        That completely made no sense. Why would he have the incorrect ECU for the other H22? Unless he didn't know what he was buying.

A P13 is a P13. Make sure you disconnect the battery for about 5-15 minutes to allow the ECU to reset itself. You should be good. Or goto a junkyard and buy a P13 if you really need both cars running. They're not that expensive.

lol My bad, I misread the post, I thought he was asking what ECU would run it other than the correct ECU.
        www.PreludePower.com
        BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

Are you talking about the turbo engine you have? If so, no stock ECU will be safe running that.

Comment

if both ecus are p13/p28 chipped for the h22 yes you can
            AT WEST COAST MEET

cb7rush: who has the tongs?
            JDMxDB8: i got a thong on...

to get to see more of my cb click the link below.
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130922

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              Are you talking about the turbo engine you have? If so, no stock ECU will be safe running that.
              Its an engine with headers, and full exshaust system, thats it, ill probly throw the 550 injectors on it and thats it.....

Comment

You don't need 550cc injectors on a bolt on car bud.Way to much for that set up.

02 Crv
                02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                  You don't need 550cc injectors on a bolt on car bud.Way to much for that set up.
                  for sure... need to clean the injectors, whats a good thing to spray them with?

Comment

Break cleaner or carb cleaner make sure you dont spray anything but the screens heavily it can break down the orings.Not that it will as long as you wipe em down quickly main thing to clean is the screens though.

02 Crv
                    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

550cc injectors won't run with a stock ECU. The motor will run terribly, and you may risk damage.

And you only have one header, unless you roll aroud with a spare in your trunk.

It's best if you explain EXACTLY what your setup is when asking a question like this, especially if you have more than one car. The answer you get might be the wrong one because someone didn't have all the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                        Break cleaner or carb cleaner make sure you dont spray anything but the screens heavily it can break down the orings.Not that it will as long as you wipe em down quickly main thing to clean is the screens though.
                        For sure thanks for the advice

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        550cc injectors won't run with a stock ECU. The motor will run terribly, and you may risk damage.

And you only have one header, unless you roll aroud with a spare in your trunk.

It's best if you explain EXACTLY what your setup is when asking a question like this, especially if you have more than one car. The answer you get might be the wrong one because someone didn't have all the facts.
                        Well I will be putting my turbo ecu on a stock engine with just dc headers and full exshaust system, my buddy said the injectors were dirty and needed cleaning so thats why I was going to use my 550cc injectors since imma be running my turbo ecu...this is all temporary until I get another ecu, I should be fine right, as long as I dont step on it too much, just wanna cruise it mainly....

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOZE View Post
                          Well I will be putting my turbo ecu on a stock engine with just dc headers and full exshaust system, my buddy said the injectors were dirty and needed cleaning so thats why I was going to use my 550cc injectors since imma be running my turbo ecu...this is all temporary until I get another ecu, I should be fine right, as long as I dont step on it too much, just wanna cruise it mainly....
                          You'll be lucky if it starts, Don't run a turbo ecu on a stock engine.
                          1) It will wash the bores.
                          2) It will give shitty gas mileage
                          3) You'll be lucky if it even idles.
                          4) It will foul the plugs.
                          5) It will kill the O2 sensor.

The list goes on.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                            You'll be lucky if it starts, Don't run a turbo ecu on a stock engine.
                            1) It will wash the bores.
                            2) It will give shitty gas mileage
                            3) You'll be lucky if it even idles.
                            4) It will foul the plugs.
                            5) It will kill the O2 sensor.

The list goes on.
                            Word, how much do p13s go for?

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOZE View Post
                              Word, how much do p13s go for?
                              In America? I have no idea.
                              Ring a wreckers and find out.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X