Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

93 accord f22b1 swap questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

93 accord f22b1 swap questions

I just done a f22b1 vtec swap on my 93 cb7. I used the vtec ecu and the car runs perfect but when I go to wire up vtec and I run the wire to the ecu from the solonoid it won't allow vtec to kick in and limits my cars rev to 5k. Could this be because I have to have a pressure switch hooked up to? Someone told me that vtec won't be able to engage because I used my f22a6 external coil distributor but someone else told me that I just have to have the pressure switch hooked up to. When I hook up the solonoid its throws the vtec pressure switch code. Could someone help me figure out how to get my vtec to engage.

You need the VTEC pressure switch to be hooked up. If your ECU is causing your check engine light to be on, then it will usually not allow VTEC to engage.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      You need the VTEC pressure switch to be hooked up. If your ECU is causing your check engine light to be on, then it will usually not allow VTEC to engage.
      So does my f22b1 having a f22a6 distributor with an external coil instead of a f22b1 distributor that comes with an internal affect anything at all? I understand that my cel being on could cause vtec not to engage but can a cel cause my car to not rev over 5k?

Comment

It's possible. The CEL essentially means the ECU is in "limp mode".

I'm not sure about the distributor. This isn't a very common swap, since the F22B1 is more of a downgrade than anything else.

Comment

Im running an external on my f22b1 set up.I have no cel on vtec sol and pressure switch have to be hooked up for VTAAAAKKKKK to work.You are Not really gonna tell its there as it kick in at 2200-3200rpms.

02 Crv
          02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
          92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
          Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

I know wiring on the b1 is different to the ecu there are a few pins that you have to swap around and wire vtec but there is a few threads on here regarding this swap

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

I just did a little researching and found out infact you can use any distributor from our cb chassis.You just got to pin the ecu for vtec and run them correctly.If you haven't done this do so.If you have make sure you didn't cross them up or vtec sol or pressure switch could be bad.

02 Crv
              02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
              92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.

Comment

Well if I have the vtec solo unhooked it throws the solo code but the car drives fine just no vtec. But when I wire it up to the ecu it throws the pressure switch code and won't allow me to rev over 5k. I'm pretty sure the dizzy has nothing to do with it, that was just curiosity because I've heard that before but ill wire up the pressure switch and see if it fixes it. Thanks a lot for all the info.

Comment

Originally posted by 93cb7_JDM View Post
                  Well if I have the vtec solo unhooked it throws the solo code but the car drives fine just no vtec. But when I wire it up to the ecu it throws the pressure switch code and won't allow me to rev over 5k. I'm pretty sure the dizzy has nothing to do with it, that was just curiosity because I've heard that before but ill wire up the pressure switch and see if it fixes it. Thanks a lot for all the info.
                  No problem man.Also vtec is activated by oil pressure if the switch isnt pined, and hooked up you will throw a cel and have no vtec and could very well send you into limp mode aswell.

02 Crv

Comment

Working...
                  X