Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Whats Better For My Cb7 A B16 Or H22a?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats Better For My Cb7 A B16 Or H22a?

I wanna knw wats better between the to and wats fast?

h22a for sure..

b16 doesnt have enough torque and would be a PITA to swap.

take a look in the swap section of the forum and it will give you lots of good information!
    Originally posted by deevergote
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Do some research. If you type in B16 vs H22 on google you will get a ton of info. Not trying to be a d*** but I hate people who ask questions without first researching. Anyway the H22 would be way better. Easier swap and produces more power. Good luck on doing a swap.

Comment

Originally posted by KING909 View Post
        I wanna knw wats better between the to and wats fast?
        So, you WANT TO KNOW WHAT'S better between the TWO and WHICH IS FASTER?

Well, look at these two links and compare/contrast:
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_B_engine
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_H_engine

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by cuate01221 View Post
          Do some research. If you type in B16 vs H22 on google you will get a ton of info. Not trying to be a d*** but I hate people who ask questions without first researching. Anyway the H22 would be way better. Easier swap and produces more power. Good luck on doing a swap.
          for someone whos a newb him/herself...i dont think you have any say in that...but thanks for helping out...

to the Original Poster... a B16 is too small of a motor for it to carry our body style...like what mtnbikaah said...not enough torque... and plus the H22 is the Old Big Block of Honda... and spanks B16's all day if tuned right...

but do as you like...dont let us decide for you...theres tons of info in this forum...just look at all the stickies on top of each section...and use the search feature to your advantage...when you really cant find something then just ASK...thats what we're here for...
          OLD

Comment

b16 would be a waste of your time an money, h22 hands down yes EVERYONE HAS ONE but it swaps right in an its strong
            UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
            NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

What's with all these threads of late? I'm not sure why everyone thinks the b16 is such an amazing motor. In stock form, a b16 is a turd, it has decent horsepower, but only has like 100 ft/lbs of torque.

Even if I was doing a swap in a Civic or Integra, I'd pick the h22 over a b16 any day.

Comment

manny I've only got 32 posts because I never made an account until about a month ago, I've been on this website for about two years now. Anyway, the b16 isn't too weak as deeve explained to me, It's just a harder swap to do.

Comment

This has to be a joke?
                  A B16 is a Civic/CRX engine. A CB is an Accord which is a completely different chassis.
                  So suppose you don't know that an Accord is different from a Civic, you should still be able to figure out that a B16 is 1.6L and an H22 is 2.2L
                  Suppose you can't even figure that out... There is google and wikipedia.
                  Now suppose you don't know what google or wikipedia is.
                  There is the swap sticky in this forum which lists all possible engine swaps. I mean you have to be able to find that if you were able to get on here and create a username. lol

Sorry no offense.

Both engines are not "fast". They are late 80s/early 90s 4cyl engines. Probably one of the most advanced 4cyl for their time, but by todays standards they are FAR from fast. They have to be HEAVILY modded to be fast.
                  Last edited by rexload; 12-20-2010, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X