Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22a6 sohc non vtec head upgrade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22a6 sohc non vtec head upgrade.

just like on my other thread,i said i have 2 f22 motors,one on my accord and going to my prelude.well,the motor thats going into my prelude is not in yet..i want to upgrade the head first.since its a non vtec,i want to swap out the non vtec head and put in a f23a1 sohc vtec head,install bisimoto upgraded camshaft,port n polish,adjustable cam gears..but completing the swap is my main concern.Is there any modification on the head that needs to be done in order for it to sit on my f22a6 block? which head gasket and dist. should i use,f22a6 head gasket or f23a1 head gasket?..

i'v been working on f22 motors for some years now,alot of tech exp.so hit me with every info you got.
    or everything is a bad idea and should just stick to a non vtec head? thanks again.

im willing to help you out if you help me out too.lol

keep the f22a head p/p it and get a cam.
    COUPE K24

Comment

f22a6 sohc non vtec head upgrade reply.

oh ok, so i'v read a thread similiar to mine,but its a about a f22b1..so its rili not that big of a difference swapping in a sohc vtec head to my non vtec motor..oh well, atleast i got the heads up first before i spend my money and time for noting..thanks again.

Comment

I really don't know much about the f23, but if you just stick with a f22a head, it flows really well from all i've read and seen Deev talk about.. lol
        COUPE K24

Comment

I would keep the A6 head. Save some cash and instead of buying another head, get all the mods that you listed, and get yourself a H23 IM plenum, possible plenum spacer, and a throttle body instead. The F22a6 head flows good

Formerly 91AccordExR33
          11.68 @ 127mph
          417whp/375wtq
          Sold: 8/2016

Comment

The F22A head has the ability to flow very well when modified. In stock form, the exhaust ports are a bit restrictive. Rather than doing the modifications to install a poorly-flowing SOHC VTEC head (they are not performance oriented in the least...) just stick with the head that is made for the block. Have it ported and polished, with Bisimoto parts, and you'll be making some nice power. Beef up that block with some forged high-compression internals, pick up a Bisimoto header, get a tunable ECU programmed on a dyno... and you could be putting down well over 200whp.

Comment

i was going to say, if anything, port the exhaust and get a performance valve job. stage 2 cam is more than you are going to need especially with low compression ratio.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

When you take a head to get worked on at a machine shop, what do you tell them?

Lets say you have a cam shaft already in your hand.. do you take that with you to them and tell them to open your ext ports to flow more with that cam?

is it cheaper to install valves and etc on your own than having a shop do it?
                **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Your best bet is to go to a machine shop that is familiar with the head you're using. They'll most likely know what you need more than you do.

Go to one that has never worked on it before, and you might not get good results.

Comment

Theres a shop called Hyde Villa here in my county, they have done work for my friends cleaning and building h heads.

a call wont hurt, but i wont bother cuz i have no tru biz for them.

Comment

mild port the exhaust, .025" wide intake seat, .030-.035" wide exhaust seat. back cut the intake 35 degrees, radius the top angle in the combustion chamber so it will create more flow.

there's the recipe. i did that to father time's f22 minus port work and look at the dyno. at the minimum, i didnt hurt anything and it has more than 200 to the crank running on pump gas and it can use more compression and oversize valves.
                      I <3 G60.

Comment

hey wed3k,could you send me some pics about that valve job your talking about..it sounds interesting.

big thanks to does who took the time to read and answer my question..its just that theres this guy saying that a b21a1 motor is better than a f22a6 motor.what you guys think about b21a1 motor? or ?

Comment

They are completely different. The F22A will take quite a bit to work in your Prelude. The B21A is what you have already. It's a bit of a bastard engine... not really related to the well-known B series, and it has a very limited aftermarket. It CAN be potent, but it's not the best choice for performance unless you know what you're doing with it. A Prelude forum could tell you much more than we could. The B21A means nothing to the CB7 crowd. There would be no reason to put one in our cars.

As for headflow properties, the F22A head is probably superior, at least after modification.

Comment

I <3 G60.

Comment

how did you come across that doing a 35 degree job will increase flow

Comment

Working...
                              X