Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

bogging when given gas till about 1700 rpm as well as an over heating problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bogging when given gas till about 1700 rpm as well as an over heating problem

i have a 92 accord ex that has an overheating problem and was wondering if it may be the water pump any in sight on that would be good. the bogging problem i have is when i give it gas it is bogging up to 2000 rpm then goes could it be a bad fuel filter and i have checked my o2 sensor and changed the idle and still have the problem can any one help me im also wondering how hard a motor swap would be or how hard is it to install a turbo

and one more thing body kits on these cars or no(was thinking about a lowering kit)

anyone who can help me would be greatley apprieciated

Stay focused kid. This is not the place to be asking about a body kit, and if your engine isn't working properly, a turbo should be the last thing you're thinking about. If you have to ask how hard an engine swap is, it's too hard for you. Do some reasearch and answer your own question. Taking this thread off topic will get it deleted.

What do you mean by "checked" the o2 sensor? Bogging until a certain RPM is very often an o2 sensor issue. It could also be a MAP sensor issue. Is your check engine light (CEL) on? If so, that will tell you if there is a problem.

To be quite honest, these engines don't start making usable power until after 2000 RPM. Trying to accelerate below that can be doing damage to your engine. 2000-3000 RPM is the normal range for standard operation. Are you used to driving cars with larger engines, by any chance?

If it is overheating, it could be any number of things. Water pump, clogged passages, bad thermostat, damaged radiator, blown head gasket... Is it blowing white, sweet-smelling smoke? If so, the head gasket is most likely. Even if something else was wrong, if it has overheated, the headgasket (and possibly the head) have been damaged.

Comment

Have to agree... maintance is key with any older car... but good to see another BC CB7 member...

Comment

no it leaks antifreeze /coolant out of the bottom of the motor and i have unpluged the o2 sensor and it was still bogging and sorry to ask about body kits and no i owned a 91 accord ex 6 months ago and loved the car thats why i bought another one

Comment

it also does not have the CEL on at all only when i disconected the o2 sensor the only aftermarket think i have in the car is a short ram intake which was from the 91 i previously owned

also this car has 420,000 kms on it

Comment

my 91 cb had the same problem i took it to honda and they had no idea had a diff shop look in to it and it was all caused buy a bad fuel pump and filter idk how that would mess up the temps but i guess if it was running lean that might do it ive also replaced oil pan gasket and valve cover gasket a very ez job to do much ezr when you have a lift good luck on ur cb man
            91 Honda Accord LX Rebuild Status
            06 Nissan 350Z Summer Daily Driver
            06 Subaru Impreza Winter Daily Driver

Comment

A good place to start is check all the spark plugs. After you have examnied all the plugs, you can usually figure out at least which direction to start checking. Example; if you find one plug not firing correctly, You will know its isolated to that one cylinder. Just a good place to start.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178069

Comment

Working...
              X