Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Whats a better spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats a better spring

so i am looking of people who have used the neuspeed race springs and/or the Skunk2 springs what are your thoughts which is a better handling spring and how hardh is the ride
    thanks

The spring is only part of the equation when it comes to ride quality. You'll need to match them to shocks that will handle both the drop and the spring rate. You'll need to ensure all suspension bushings are in good condition. What wheels and tires you have on your car will be a factor as well.

Generally, whichever spring has a higher spring rate will offer a harsher ride.

"better" depends on what you intend to do with the car. Personally, I'd go with the softer spring for a street car. If it's not seeing track time, why put anything made for a track on it? That can be dangerous and uncomfortable.

What happened to the D2 plans?

Comment

well the thing is i have alot on my mind and i use working on my car as a destration so i go back and forth but the thing is i dont think i will be racing it enough to justify a coil over set up and it seams like a alot of people are using lowering springs i was just felling it out to see what works and what does not but it between the d2s and koni yellow with ether the skunk2s or neuspeed race

Comment

thatreallymadenosensetomebecauseyoudidntbotherusin ganypunctuationinthefutureatleasttrytomakeiteasyfo rsomeonetoreadandunderstandoryourenotgoingtogetmuc hhelpifyouwanttoknowwhatisrightforyouthenfigureout htespringratesanddeterminewhatsuitsyourneedsperson allyidontlikeskunk2productsforourcarsbecauseskunk2 neverreallydoesanythingwithaccordstheyaremoreofaci vicandintegracompany.

Comment

WOW that was less then help full but it did entertain me for a minute. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            That really made no sense to me because you didnt bother using any punctuation.In the future atleast try to make it easy for someone to read, and understand or youre not going to get much help.If you want to know what is right for you then figure out the spring rates, and determine what suits your needs.Personally i dont like skunk2 products for our cars because skunk2 never really does anything with accords they are more of a civic and integra company.
            That gave me quite the head ache my friend.
            Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 12-12-2010, 09:23 PM.

02 Crv
            02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
            92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
            Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

I have to agree with the above statement as alot will contribute to how well your suspension works... ride quality is something that will change from person to person... if you want a softer ride, then go after parts that will offer that... if you want a more trackable setup then go that route... just make sure that the maintance is done first... a full poly bushing kit is always good as most of the stock bushings will be either destroyed or needing replacement... your rim size and tire choice will also really impact the feel of your ride... if you are going to just slam it on springs, I'd say wait and hold off till you can afford a proper setup... either way, best of luck man...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                thatreallymadenosensetomebecauseyoudidntbotherusin ganypunctuationinthefutureatleasttrytomakeiteasyfo rsomeonetoreadandunderstandoryourenotgoingtogetmuc hhelpifyouwanttoknowwhatisrightforyouthenfigureout htespringratesanddeterminewhatsuitsyourneedsperson allyidontlikeskunk2productsforourcarsbecauseskunk2 neverreallydoesanythingwithaccordstheyaremoreofaci vicandintegracompany.
                WOW, that gave me headache just trying to read it. OP there is a thread on here that talks about skunk 2 springs versus a couple other brands. I will try to find it for you. But my .02 I purchased Neuspeed race just because of the reviews I read about them.

Comment

thanks guys! deev keeps preachen softer spring rate to me and stay away from "race" parts. the skunk2 have a drop and spring rates between the neuspeed race and sport. this would make me think the neuspeed would be a harsher ride with marganal gain in handlingover the softer skunk2 springs

Comment

Do more research. Megans are constant rate, Neuspeed is progressive.
                    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
                      Do more research. Megans are constant rate, Neuspeed is progressive.
                      bro do you mean skunk2 not megans??? cause no on ehas even mentioned megans here.

Comment

Originally posted by myslowcb7 View Post
                        bro do you mean skunk2 not megans??? cause no on ehas even mentioned megans here.
                        Yep, meant Skunk2, sorry. I'd be willing to bet the Neuspeed race give a better ride than the skunk2 even though the effective spring rate is higher.....that's just speaking from reading tons of threads over the years of cb7 owners complaining of a harsh ride with the skunk2's. Haven't heard many, if any, complaints on the neuspeed race. That being said, the race springs are still too stiff IMO for normal street dd.....go for the neuspeed or h&r sports (same spring essentially).
                        My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
                          Yep, meant Skunk2, sorry. I'd be willing to bet the Neuspeed race give a better ride than the skunk2 even though the effective spring rate is higher.....that's just speaking from reading tons of threads over the years of cb7 owners complaining of a harsh ride with the skunk2's. Haven't heard many, if any, complaints on the neuspeed race. That being said, the race springs are still too stiff IMO for normal street dd.....go for the neuspeed or h&r sports (same spring essentially).
                          thanks that was very helpful

Comment

Working...
                          X