Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

using h23 manual tb on auto h22 good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

using h23 manual tb on auto h22 good or bad?

i am thinking of swapping my h22 auto tb over to a h23 manual tb because it is much bigger then mine. all i have to really do to make this work is swap over the lever that the throttle cable goes onto and i've already drilled a hole for the throttle kickdown cable to mount on to the tb. i know the manual ones are the same size but the auto ones are smaller so if i do complete this would i get at least a slight difference in throttle response?

here is 2 pics i took to compare the 2

This should be no problem at all..From what I read,the USDM H22/H23 TB are all the same size regardless if its auto or manual. I have an H23 TB on my H22.I believe its the JDM autos that are smaller. Not completely sure.
    www.PreludePower.com
    BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

The only real difference is the throttle rotor. Autos have spots for 2 cable attachments, whereas manuals only have one. The rotor can be swapped.

There is no benefit, though. They're the same in terms of diameter. Don't bother if you're looking for an upgrade, but if you just need a replacement, it should work fine.

Comment

yeah i know the only mod i would have to make to it would be swapping the rotor and i also drilled a hole to mount the kickdown thingy onto the throttle. and deev would the h23 give me alittle better throttle response since it is bigger? my h22 tb can fit inside of the h23 one that i have.

Comment

Weird... they SHOULD be the same size according to everything I've known... but yes, I suppose the bigger one would be better. I thought the H22 and H23 throttle bodies were the same part.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Weird... they SHOULD be the same size according to everything I've known... but yes, I suppose the bigger one would be better. I thought the H22 and H23 throttle bodies were the same part.
            NO, They are actually not the same as most people think, The auto JDM h22 engines had smaller tb than us h22 or auto h23's. The us spec h22 and h23 share the same tb. Only the obd2 ones have the map sensor on the top.

Comment

yeah they are both different sizes the h23 one is way bigger then my h22 one. and another question is would the h23 tb not having a fitv cause a problem for me? i just fixed my idle surging and i just dont want it to come back if i put the h23 tb on without the fitv on it.

Comment

Slap it on,you will enjoy the response in your throttle.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  The only real difference is the throttle rotor. Autos have spots for 2 cable attachments, whereas manuals only have one. The rotor can be swapped.

There is no benefit, though. They're the same in terms of diameter. Don't bother if you're looking for an upgrade, but if you just need a replacement, it should work fine.
                  When i did my h23a1 intake manifold swap i had to swap the rotors. The h23a1 manifold was from an automatic. The rotor was a bigger diameter and with the throttle cable adjusted all the way it still held the throttle open to 4k rpm at idle. After swapping my manual f22a6 one i readjusted the throttle and it worked perfect.

Comment

Just to let people know this is not just a h22 tb I have on a f22. My car is swapped with a h22a I'm sure most of you know this anyways. And I'm kinda thinking if I just put the h23 one on that ill have clearance issues for the rotor opening and closing idk if it'll hit the manifold cause its bigger then what the h22 tb was.

Comment

I am also expecting a pretty good jump in throttle response because when I put the h23 throttle body on I well also be putting a gutted spacer onto the manifold.

Comment

just curious if these two tb's have been measured with anything or if this is a ''it looks bigger'' situation

when you say ''yeah they are both different sizes the h23 one is way bigger then my h22 one.'' it really should only be by a few millimeters
                        ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Originally posted by quaidum View Post
                          just curious if these two tb's have been measured with anything or if this is a ''it looks bigger'' situation

when you say ''yeah they are both different sizes the h23 one is way bigger then my h22 one.'' it really should only be by a few millimeters
                          no the h23 one in fact bigger then the h22 one. in the second picture youu can clearly see the h22 tb fits inside of the h23 one, its not that much bigger but i mean if the h22 one fits into the h23 on id say without a doubt its bigger.

Comment

one thing im trying to figure out is how to stop the idle surge when using this tb because there is no fitv on it.

Comment

Working...
                            X