Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Aftermarket disk brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket disk brakes

Are the ebay disk brakes any good ? they have a whole package all four wheels with pads for a decent price , some are slotted and some are drilled, anyone have them installed on their ride ? Pro and cons . Thanks

Hmmmm

Would you put your life in the hands of the ebay company?

If so then get them, if not then don't.

Good aftermarkent brakes can be found from a lot of websites, and you get what you pay for.

For good replacement brakes, and maybe some better pads I recommend TAS auto, and EBC pads.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Well you have a valid point there ! Just wanted to know if someone has done it, but thanks , i will take a look at TAS and EBC

Comment

Take a look at my thread that I posted on replacing the OEM brakes... the setup that I am thinking of running can be had for just about three bills... not alot if you consider that it's a vital part of your car and safety.

Comment

Do not buy those cheap parts. One of my friends boughts them and installed them on his cb and they wrapped some months. They are total crap!

I bought powerslot disk brakes for my cb and i recommand them, high quality, and big durability. I had to do some hard braking and they are still clean and looking brand new. I recommand buying good parts when it comes to brake and suspension!!!

Comment

look at 88 brakes.com. i got some cross drilled and slotted ones from them .they are nice man. go with the ebc pads and you will love them.as for the haters , they got the stock ones and cant afford a upgrade.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Agreed that Powerslot rotors are great... I have those on my Em2 DD and they work flawlessly...

Comment

How much are you looking at that setup of yours ? Brembo are not bad, i just love having some slots or drilled look on the rotors !

Comment

Brembo blanks will cost me around $50 each. I need two as the rears are drums. Hawk pads for the front are $70 and the SS lines are $120. Plus a few bucks for brake fluid. Not a bad setup for a budget build. If I had a bit more to spend I would definately upgrade to Powerslot slotted rotors.

Comment

Pads

I have nothing against hawk pads, but I highly recommend EBC.

Just something to look at.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Remember that ebay doesn't make anything... you can buy good brand names on ebay. Or you can buy cheap no-name shit. So if you're asking if the cheap no-name shit brands are any good... well... think about it.

I had some EBC brake pads on my 86 Accord that fell apart and destroyed the rotors... of course, you can find horror stories about any brake pads if you look.
                      I normally just use OEM, or the "high end" store brand from whatever chain I go to (the expensive pads from Advance Auto held up to a LOT of abuse, even on warped rotors... I was impressed. They worked quite well, too.)

Keep in mind that if you don't NEED performance pads, don't get them. If you're not tracking your car, don't bother. Crazy pads will only eat your rotors. If all you do is drive your car around town, get regular pads. They'll last longer, and be easier on the rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by Dev View Post
                        How much are you looking at that setup of yours ? Brembo are not bad, i just love having some slots or drilled look on the rotors !
                        Mmm if i remember, my powerslot (wich are slotted disks) were 70 or 80 $ each... i think... You should call to get a price in you're area. At first i wanted brembo drilled, but they talked me about powerslot and i changed my mind lol! Also they had some problem with drilled rotors. The guy said me that when drilled rotors are used a little and that you apply too much brake on them, they tend to crack between the drilled holes.

Comment

There's also no real need for slotted or drilled. Solid discs work just fine.

However, I fell to the gimmick with my CB7 and bought some slotted/drilled Brembos back in 2004. I still have them. I beat the living shit out of them (one pad even wore away to the metal backing plate, and scored the rotor...) They never cracked.

Comment

I feel that if you are going for a solid disk that the Brembo blanks are the best out there. I've gotten them for multiple cars and never once did I have an issue with them. Just my $0.02

Comment

Well my car is not a track machine, just a daily driver , all stock for the moment, the prices on ebay sure got my eyes, i might stick to oem or regular brembo with the high end pads from Autozone or Advance, i have a good setup on my 944T from brembo with AutoZone highend brake pads, even after being trashed multiple times, they feel the same.
                              Thanks Guys, this is some good info from everyone, Deevergote, thanks big time !

Comment

Working...
                              X