Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

91 LX Cut-Out when Accelerating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i really dont think pcv is going to have a car fall on its face.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

check your tps censor on the back of ur throtle body i had one start to go out and my car would bog down when i tried to accelerate and i would have to give it alot of gas to correct it and it wouldnt do it all the time. and it never threw a code so check that

Comment

no worries, not going anywhere anytime son.
        "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by civilized211 View Post
          check your tps censor on the back of ur throtle body i had one start to go out and my car would bog down when i tried to accelerate and i would have to give it alot of gas to correct it and it wouldnt do it all the time. and it never threw a code so check that
          I have to wait till' I get paid again. Where I work I get paid once a month. I glanced at the tps a few times when looking under the hood, but was unsure if it was causing my problems. I was already stressed out from putting the map sensor back where it belonged that I did not feel like messing with the tps. I was/am starting to believe that my problem had something to do with the rev limiter. Will replace the tps ($25.79 from rockauto.com)and go from there. 14 days until payday.
          Click on the Death's Head Moth for MRT

PSN: Sick6sect
          CB7Tuner Map

Comment

Check all four spark plugs. I was having a similar issue. It turned out to be bad plugs. They looked okay (they were grey not wet or anything) but after i looked closer the igniter on the end of a couple of the plugs had worn down. This made it fire enough to make it run but accelerating was putting enough fuel on the plugs causing misfire. It happened right after i bought mine. It wouldnt have gotten to that point if the previous owner had done proper maintaince.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178069

Comment

Originally posted by alan lx View Post
              Check all four spark plugs. I was having a similar issue. It turned out to be bad plugs. They looked okay (they were grey not wet or anything) but after i looked closer the igniter on the end of a couple of the plugs had worn down. This made it fire enough to make it run but accelerating was putting enough fuel on the plugs causing misfire. It happened right after i bought mine. It wouldnt have gotten to that point if the previous owner had done proper maintaince.
              I have made it past the general tune-up phase. Plugs are fine.

CB7Tuner Map

Comment

un plug your tps while your car is running and see what happens, if nothing happens you know it's bad. edit: although if you buy a new one, be sure and set it correctly.

i know under the hood can seem overwhelming. I suggest everyone do a wire tuck.... once you do, nothing is ever overwhelming again! lol
                "Self Renewed"

Comment

Still not payday yet. Probably the 30th. Have been constantly wondering why my car seems to run fine when the O2 and the IACv are both unplugged, but not when they are plugged in. It just doesn't make any sense. I replaced both! Becoming a little overwhelmed with these thoughts and am beginning to believe it may never get fixed.
                  Might feel better if I ever make it to see Keele, work schedule permitting.....

CB7Tuner Map

Comment

I unplugged the TPS on a whim, and noticed drastic improvement on gears 1-3, but cut out returns on 4th. I am going to go ahead and replace it due to the acceleration improvement on the lower gears. My focus has shifted from a fuel problem to a fire problem, with the distributor and the rev limiter in particular. I will keep an eye on all the sensors as well (Makes me miss having an older vehicle.) Hoping it's not the trans. I seriously have no idea what can fix this problem, I will probably end up replacing everything under the hood with the way things are going so far.

BLUBB2 have you made any progress yet?

CB7Tuner Map

Comment

Originally posted by sick6sect View Post
                      I unplugged the TPS on a whim, and noticed drastic improvement on gears 1-3, but cut out returns on 4th. I am going to go ahead and replace it due to the acceleration improvement on the lower gears. My focus has shifted from a fuel problem to a fire problem, with the distributor and the rev limiter in particular. I will keep an eye on all the sensors as well (Makes me miss having an older vehicle.) Hoping it's not the trans. I seriously have no idea what can fix this problem, I will probably end up replacing everything under the hood with the way things are going so far.

BLUBB2 have you made any progress yet?

Yes, I had my EGR plugged on the TPS and vise versa. I had no idea considering these are almost identical 3 prong connectors minus the wire colors AND it didnt throw a CEL for it and I finished up a swap not too long ago..

Oh well, the issue was resolved at least

Good luck with yours bro.
                      www.PreludePower.com
                      BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

Any updates OP? Have you still replaced the entire dizzy? hate to say it, but most intermittent random problems that just seem to "develop" out of nowhere tend to be issues with the pickup in the distributor. There are 3 sensors in there, as well as the module plus 9091 internal coil or 9293 the space is unused.

have you checked reference voltage @ all sensors?

life is good.

Comment

I replaced the TPS and cleaned out my throttle body, I noticed a increase with acceleration, but the underlying problem remains.

The plan of action now:
                          1. Cut off or drill out Catalytic Converter (unsure of why I haven't done this yet)
                          2. Replace the Distributor.
                          3. Replace the ECU.

Sometime in between those I plan on cleaning out the EGR system.

edit: 02-26-2011 purchased a new distributor, waiting for it to arrive. I will update again when I get it replaced. Please feel free to post suggestions.
                          Last edited by sick6sect; 02-26-2011, 10:25 PM.

CB7Tuner Map

Comment

did you use an ohm meter to make sure you set you tps correctly?

your problems are not dealing with the tranny.

once th tps is calibrated correctly, it has to be a distributer issue, rather its the coil or something in it. even though ecu's do go bad often, i've never had a honda ecu take a crap on me personally.

unfortunately i don't have any accord parts anymore. i wish i did, I'd like to help ya build up your auto.
                            have you seen my old videos of my auto cb7?

if you can stand the chain hitting the camera their ya go.

http://www.myspace.com/video/3631248...d-run/20461415

http://www.myspace.com/video/36312481/ghost-racing-cb7-h22a/

http://www.myspace.com/video/3631248...d-h22/21345149

Hey it was nice meeting you too, and your wife and son. You just caught me on a really bad day at work, i was highly pissed about my outcome with paint issues that week, If your ever around, you and your wife and son should come hang out, with my wife and 1 1/2 year old son and I at the house. We can always figure something out to do to your car if we get bored.
                            "Self Renewed"

Comment

Spark plugs? I don't see anything about plugs in these 3 pages. My car did this, and it was a plug fouling.
                              98' Mustang 3V Swap
                              11' VW CC R36

Comment

Forget to calibrate the TPS, found the thread to do so. Will take care of that in the morning and let ya'll know the results. Already bought a new distributor, so I will replace that as well. Even if the TPS calibration fixes the problem.

CB7Tuner Map

Comment

Working...
                                X