Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

seafoam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seafoam

So how do I seafoam my accord I wana put half in the intake manny and half in the gas tank

Originally posted by 91accord4door View Post
    this is the way i always did it
    When Added to Fuel Tank

* Cleans fuel injectors and carburetor jets
    * Cleans carbon as you drive
    * Lubricates upper cylinders
    * De-ices and removes moisture
    * Diesel full conditioner and anti gel
    * Stabilizes fuel

One pint treats 8-25 gallons of fuel (average 1 ounce per gallon).

Carbon Cleaner Treatment:

This is a standard maintenance cleaning that Honda does on vehicles. Its normally called a carbon treatment / top-end treatment. Its a great way to help clean the carbon & gunk from inside your motor. It goes all the way through the intake manifold to the exhaust. Cleaning valves , ports and more on the way. This treatment will usually run you $50 dollars at Honda or other shops. (We highly recommend Honda as they will be more likely to do it right)

You can do this at home for $5 dollars. The only problem is finding the product to do this. There are quite a few of them out , but the problem is people get confused about what your asking. The one product that I found years ago that works great is SeaFoam. You can find it at Napa Autoparts. This product resembles and performs exactly like Honda's carbon service. You can maybe try other places / products , but just make sure its meant to go in the intake manifold & will remove carbon.

Usage:

Follow these simple directions.

Prep:

1. First, Make sure to use the whole can.
    2. You will be using this on two sides of the intake manifold.
    3. It might be easier to work with the cleaner if you pour it into a small cup.
    4. Perform this on a warm engine.
    5. When revving the car make sure your in a well ventilated open area.
    6. Do not use on motors with over 150k on them.

Directions:

1. Disconnect one of the hoses leading to the intake manifold, towards the throttle body or directly into the throttle body if you can easily do that.
    2. Use a little more than half of the can on the first side.
    3. Have someone throttling the car when it needs it , and just keep giving it gulps of the stuff. (get the tube into the liquid) If you have the correct part or tubing setup so you can just flow in the right amount the whole time...then you already know what to do. If not just watch it and try to get it in there efficiently, but don't take forever.
    4. Now pull a hose towards the middle / rear of the intake manifold. This will now get more liquid to the other side of the motor. (the main concern is that your not just dumping it all on one side , as the liquid will not be acting the same as air.)
    5. Once its about all used, dump in enough to shut off the motor, then wait for 5 minutes.
    6. Now restart car , and rev the motor. Going for a drive wont really allow for what you need to do safely. High Revving and quick WOT (Wide Open Throttle) depresses. Then letting the car settle some , then quick presses. Change it up make it a little random. This should get the engine to rock back and forth a bit. This also helps shake things out a bit.
    7. Then turn car off, Reset your ECU and your ready to go.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
      Why not use it with over 150k miles? I just hit 164k and i want to use it.

This CB7-(Phebe) is the dawn of a new Era. Her new nickname is Super Supreme Fade

Comment

What about over 200K? and how do you reset the ECU? Do you pull the fuse and reinsert?

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
        New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
        My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

I'm just under 150k by like 4-5k!!! I get to put it in my engine! YAY!!!!

The Blue Bomber

Comment

I use it on my CD5 with over 300,000+ miles w/o any issues.
            I also have used it on other vehicles with more than 200,000+. No issues.
            If your engine is healthy, I'm sure it will be fine.
            MRT: http://www.cd5tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=5748

Comment

The bottle tells you exactly how to use it... Use it at your own risk.

SilverShadow, you pull the "radio/backup" fuse... or disconnect the battery for a few minutes.

Comment

Working...
              X