Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22 turbo CV axels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 turbo CV axels

Well its time to replace my CV axels, their clicking going in a straight line now from all the torque the boosted H puts out.

Anyway i was wondering what would be a good choice of CV axels? I wanna go back stock but dont know how long they will hold up to the power, i got around 300WHP so i dont think its too much to need aftermarket shafts. I just wanna know what CV axels the people with boosted engines run. I aint really seen any post about CV axels, yes i did search lol. It's kinda a pain to find aftermarket axels for the CB7, and Oreilly's has the shafts i need in stock and i need to replace them soon, so my mind is kinda confused on what to do... thanks for the help in advance

drive shaft shop axles.
    COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
      drive shaft shop axles.

No. Youll be fine at 300 with stock Honda axles. My car has made over 650 on the same set of OEM H series lude axles for 3 years. I have never broken one and have destroyed 14 trannys. I have changed one out due to a boot being broke nd beong lazy (and it just being cheaper almost to just get another one from a junk yard).

My car now makes 750 WHP with the same OEM H series Lude axles in it. I speak the truth. 100 dollars at a junk yard :O). They get RAPED on the street and have been in the mid 11s at 135 MPH at the track on big 26" M&H bias ply drag radials. Still in one piece. They saw multiple 740-750 WHP dynop pulls at over 570 Tq too.

They wont work in the CBs because theyre too long... YOU CAN however swap the "guts" from the lude axles to a CB shaft. It takes a litlle work, but its easy.

WHATEVER YOU DO. STAY FAR AWAY FROM SCHUCKS/AUTOZONE etc remaned... Even iff they say theyre OEM rebuilt. They suck.You WILL break them.Find a cleanish CB at a junk yard (I know its hard, a Honda "recycler" is your best bet, but INSIST on them being OEM... Theyl have yellow greean or b lue rings painted around the shaft) and buy the OEM axles, theyre reallly overpriced form honda.

The axle size itself between the Accord and ludes are the same, but hte CV internally is MUCH MUCH more robust. The spider sliders are HUGE in the 4th and 5th gen ludde axles.

IIRC 3rd gen Lude axles will work for you too but im not sure about what INT shaft youd have to run. Bottom line is find a clan set of OEM Honda axles out of a CB7
      750 WHP/575 TQ CD5 Raping a street near you....
      realHomeMadeTurbo.com / Kaizenspeed.com / LSD Motorsports / Tempest Racing /SpeedFactory /ExplicitSpeedPerformance

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdiz0k0Rudw

Comment

Originally posted by 92cb7h22a View Post
        Well its time to replace my CV axels, their clicking going in a straight line now from all the torque the boosted H puts out.

Anyway i was wondering what would be a good choice of CV axels? I wanna go back stock but dont know how long they will hold up to the power, i got around 300WHP so i dont think its too much to need aftermarket shafts. I just wanna know what CV axels the people with boosted engines run. I aint really seen any post about CV axels, yes i did search lol. It's kinda a pain to find aftermarket axels for the CB7, and Oreilly's has the shafts i need in stock and i need to replace them soon, so my mind is kinda confused on what to do... thanks for the help in advance
        You should be fine with stock axles or remanufactured axles. Accord_SIR is turbo'ed using stock axles. I have a few friends with boosted civics making over 500 hp and one with over 700 hp running stock axles. I use drive shaft shop because of the deal i got them for. there is a guy in this area with a boosted prelude that ran a 10.007 @147 mph in the 1/4 mile running stock axles. I hope this is helpful.
        Last edited by kamaccord; 11-19-2010, 08:58 AM.
        600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

Originally posted by kamaccord View Post
          You should be fine with stock axles or remanufactured axles. Accord_SIR is turbo'ed using stock axles. I have a few friends with boosted civics making over 500 hp and one with over 700 hp running stock axles. I use drive shaft shop because of the deal i got them for. there is a guy in this area with a boosted prelude that ran a 10.007 @147 mph in the 1/4 mile running stock axles. I hope this is helpful.
          I do agree on the PRELUDE axles holding up above 500. Obvoiously. I run them. Remans wont hold up. Period

I know of the prelude you talk of.
          realHomeMadeTurbo.com / Kaizenspeed.com / LSD Motorsports / Tempest Racing /SpeedFactory /ExplicitSpeedPerformance

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Supergenius View Post
            No.

Ok why? your taking a chance with stock axles. DSS will be durable if you can afford them.
            COUPE K24

Comment

Ok why? your taking a chance with stock axles. DSS will be durable if you can afford them.
              Did you not read anything i typed? Read again... OVER 650WHP for OVER 3 years (Now at 750WHP) on H series 'Lude axles... Evidently you've never had a set of DSS axles apart and compared them to anything else so you have no idea WHY Im saying what I am. The accord axles are not the same as the Lude axles internally (where they fail)... Ask me how I know, but at even 400 WHP the Accord axles would prob be FINE.

Pretty sure I make more than ANYONE you know with an Accord. Period.

I MIGHT just be onto something. ya think?

For his power level they are NO WAY NEEDED, why in the hell would you spend a grand, shit even 500 on a set of axles when you in no way need them.

Once again, I say NOT aftermarket, or "remaned OEMs" OEM only. We built a set of Lude/CB7 hybrids for DRQPQUTS car and he hast fucked one up yet at 550/430.

We both have 100-120 in our OEM setups. My car makes 570 FTLBs Tq. You dont know anyone with a Honda that makes that. Ive destroyed 14 OEM trannys before my OEM Lude axles.

Read.
              Learn.
              Know.

Last edited by Supergenius; 11-19-2010, 02:50 PM.

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

Comment

OK you listen here. I said that based on what I've seen on other cars and how well they worked. Also, I wasn't trying to be a dick. I was looking for info myself, but I guess you just couldn't see that and decided to just go on a rampage about why they suck and prelude internals are the best shit out there
                My bad. Next I don't care how many transmissions or axles you've destroyed showing how badass your is. I can do that all day in my 128 whp accord. Big deal. Dss axles are the best in my opinion if You can afford them. Good luck trying to find anything OEM for our cars anymore. Much less a prelude. ......
                COUPE K24

Comment

Thanks for all the help, it sure was helpfull. I really cant afford Drive Shaft Shop axels right now, cause besides it would crazy for me to pay $800 dollars for drive SS axels when i only payed $900 bucks for the whole car. I'm thinking about rebuilding these axels, i've done it before on my Altima so its not that hard. I was curious if stock axels could take the power, and i see they can, ALOT of power lol. Once again thanks for all the helpfull info

Comment

OK you listen here. I said that based on what I've seen on other cars and how well they worked. Also, I wasn't trying to be a dick. I was looking for info myself, but I guess you just couldn't see that and decided to just go on a rampage about why they suck and prelude internals are the best shit out there
                    My bad. Next I don't care how many transmissions or axles you've destroyed showing how badass your is. I can do that all day in my 128 whp accord. Big deal. Dss axles are the best in my opinion if You can afford them. Good luck trying to find anything OEM for our cars anymore. Much less a prelude. ......
                    Hardly a rampage son, and based on FACT and experience. I dont need to try to show how badass my car or I am... Nor do I try.

It is what it is.

Baddass.

HERES THE RAMPAGE (not really but close enough):
                    You missed the point. The interwebz is full of people who dont know but talk anyways... I understand youre threatened by someone who actually knows what theyre talking about. Also, since comprehension seems to ellude you, nowhere did I bash Dss axles. They are not neccessary and cost way to much for someone making 300 WHP (Or even 750 WHP in my EXPERIENCE). If you dont get it i couldnt care less.

I hardly believe your shit strips all the teeth off entire gearsets due to raw power (More than 1 in a pass at times) and final drives. I hardly believe yove experienceds the disbelief a stock axle is stronger than a tranny at 600-700+. I hardly believe youve had to purchase a 4K gearset beacause you were sick of swapping trannys in your car every night you decided to beat it. I hardly believe you have any idea what youre talking about at all.

Ive had 0 issues finding Lude axles... Its ok. You didnt know. Now, you do... If you choose to dismiss it thats your ignorance. Its already showing so roll with it bro.

Thanks for the LOL...

Now, dont type.... or offer advice based on what you have no experience with KTHXBAI

(PS, this might be a stretch, but Id say a car making over 6x the whp your making might be a better test bed for parts than yours)

Sorry Deev but Jesus fuck.
                    Last edited by Supergenius; 11-19-2010, 04:50 PM.

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

Comment

Doesn't matter. A stupid kid with 130 horsepower can really fuck a car up. But that's beside the point. Its all just so you can show off your badass car and waste money on jjunkyard parts first instead of getting the right shit first. Its all good tough.
                      COUPE K24

Comment

OP: Good luck

Doesn't matter. A stupid kid with 130 horsepower can really fuck a car up. But that's beside the point. Its all just so you can show off your badass car and waste money on jjunkyard parts first instead of getting the right shit first. Its all good tough.

Uhhhh huhhh, thats what it is. Heres a news flash dipshit... You dont get what I got not using the right shit... HAHAHA thanks for the LOLz

You are a fucking clown. Enjoy being slow, and stupid, kid.

Last edited by Supergenius; 11-19-2010, 04:57 PM.

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

Comment

Why the fuck can't you just let it go. Fuck I'm sitting on the dealership right the fuck now getting a DS axle. Let the shit go noob haha
                          COUPE K24

Comment

Are the Prelude axles really any stronger than Accord axles?

They won't work on a CB7. They're too long. You can make hybrid axles using half Accord and half Prelude... but not many have had luck with that.

IF you launch, especially with slicks, you can destroy an axle quickly. However, if you accelerate carefully, you won't put too much strain on the axles.

Driveshaft Shop or Gator would be the companies that I'd go with. Gator, mostly. I saw a conversation on a forum between the owner of the Driveshaft Shop and a dissatisfied customer, and the owner was EXTREMELY childish. Certainly not someone I would want to get custom parts made by... if he's going to publicly attack me, and refuse to accommodate me, when he screws something up.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              Are the Prelude axles really any stronger than Accord axles?

They won't work on a CB7. They're too long. You can make hybrid axles using half Accord and half Prelude... but not many have had luck with that.

IF you launch, especially with slicks, you can destroy an axle quickly. However, if you accelerate carefully, you won't put too much strain on the axles.
                              Yes the internals of the joints are WAY bigger in the lude CVs... The "sliders, or bearings" in theem that slide in the grooves in the cup are way bigger than the accord stuff. They are also squareish instead of round, theres more surface area.

The hybrid CB7/BA4 trip takes a litlle grinding to get it to work right as the accord axles are the same diameter, but indeed shorter lengthwise. Also of note is sometimes depending on what bolts are on the hub retainers (The 12mm on the rear of the hub)... FFor some lude outers, you need to use a washer on the outside to take up the extra 1-2mm of exposesd splining.

Its working for DRQPQUT though.... Also Mitch has a set in his BA4 Lude making over 600 for over 2 years now onthe same set. H had to use the CB axles as well since the 4th and fifth gen lude axles are too long for his shit too.

For CD5s the length is perfect :O)

Saves me alot of cash in that department for other shit the car needs on a regular basis... Like tires.... HAHAHAHAA

As for launching... If you PRELOAD the axles correctly it takes sooooo much snap torque off of them. You get away with ALOT that wasy... I have hammered the shit out ogf mine for years and as mentioned, broke gearsets before the axles. Havent gbroke one yet, not even at the track :O)

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X