Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Boost ? here...newb status...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boost ? here...newb status...

I'm curious, I'm probably going to boost the f22a after the rebuild, and I'm wondering if I'll need to chip my ecu for it or not...b/c I'm pretty sure that an f22ax is an obd0 correct? Your knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

-Aaron

Originally posted by Makaveli2k
    White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

Originally posted by 91_CB7_Sedan View Post
    I'm curious, I'm probably going to boost the f22a after the rebuild, and I'm wondering if I'll need to chip my ecu for it or not...b/c I'm pretty sure that an f22ax is an obd0 correct? Your knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

-Aaron
    Hondas after 91 are obd1 so if you've got a 92-95 your obd1.Chip is useless in my book (unless you want a 2step and a few other things that wont help your engine performance or reliability )get her tuned since your going boosted and in nc bud youve got alot of choices.RLZ,DG,TDC,BRMS etc... My picks would be RLZ or DG.
    Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 11-17-2010, 01:39 AM.

02 Crv
    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

ive heard nothing but good things about rlz. i thought a chipped ecu was essential?

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
        Hondas after 91 are obd1 so if you've got a 92-95 your obd1.Chip is useless in my book (unless you want a 2step and a few other things that wont help your engine performance or reliability )get her tuned since your going boosted and in nc bud youve got alot of choices.RLZ,DG,TDC,BRMS etc... My picks would be RLZ or DG.
        True that man, but I'm wanting (obviously) to run bigger injectors and whatnot, so thats why I was wondering about the chipping. Will I need a SAFC or no?
        I went and read some stuff in the FI section, but most of those are other peoples builds, and I kinda want to do something a little different.

As far as internals, do I just need forged ones or what?

Do I need a head modification?

White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

Comment

True that man, but I'm wanting (obviously) to run bigger injectors and whatnot, so thats why I was wondering about the chipping. Will I need a SAFC or no?
          I went and read some stuff in the FI section, but most of those are other peoples builds, and I kinda want to do something a little different.

As far as internals, do I just need forged ones or what?

Do I need a head modification?
          They usually do all the chipping b4 tune think it runs 40bux or so and this way its professionaly done.Mostly CROME or hondata programs.Yes you will need bigger injectors.The main question is what is your power goals?If your a member of CH pm them(RLZ,DGetc site sponsors) on there they will get you squared away on what they will do and what you need.
          Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 11-17-2010, 02:12 AM.

02 Crv
          02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
          92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.

Comment

PLEASE stop giving shit information!

All 4th generation USDM Accords are OBD1. Perhaps all in the world, but I'll keep it at USDM to be safe.

To go turbo, and not blow your engine up, you NEED to tune the ECU. That means getting an ECU that can be modified, and having it tuned by someone that knows what they're doing. No generic "chip" will work.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              PLEASE stop giving shit information!

All 4th generation USDM Accords are OBD1. Perhaps all in the world, but I'll keep it at USDM to be safe.

To go turbo, and not blow your engine up, you NEED to tune the ECU. That means getting an ECU that can be modified, and having it tuned by someone that knows what they're doing. No generic "chip" will work.
              Thanks Deev thats the answer I was looking for.

I apologize for my lack of intelligence in the ecu world.

Comment

Figured since they changed most of their cars over to obd1 in 92 such as the DA teg,civic etc they did on the accord but other than that my SHIT info is dead on.Hell even gave him tuner options to help him out on exactly what he will need b4 he goes on the rollers.And by tunable ecu he means a p06,p28,p75,p08 jdm d15b ecu etc out of all tunable ecu's out there p28 is the most common its a factory vtec ecu.
                Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 11-17-2010, 02:40 AM.

02 Crv

Comment

Just get a p06 ecu they're cheap and its non vtec, no need for a p28, you definatly need engine management if your going the turbo route! I've got a turbo f22a1 p06 ecu and tuned on chrome, works nice!

Comment

agreed..... alot of ppl use a po6 and have it tuned using Chrome or hondata. larger injectors are need along with all other necessary parts(turbo,bov,intercooler,etc.).

If you are debating this look into some boosted cars setups and read everything about their builds. You will find it is all trial and error. Also they ahd a HP goal that they had in mind before the build was started.

Good Luck man!

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
                    PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

Well, my main HP goal isn't all that crazy, I find it reasonable for our motors.

I'm looking for around 275-325whp.

Comment

Well, my main HP goal isn't all that crazy, I find it reasonable for our motors.

Crome.
                        Youll need bigger injectors than the DSMs to get to 325 (Or at least a pump). I ran 880s with a stock pump rail regulator everything. I had PLENTY left, but around 300 WHP the 450s are about maxed. If you do opt for them look for the second gen black tops. They have a better spray pattern.

a 57 trim should get there (tad above 300) around 16-17 PSI on a decent setup. Just put some ARPs in it and have someone tune it RIGHT AWAY. Its OBD1.

I have basemaps that made 305/307 on 450s and 880s when your time comes around, but theyre for a f22b1 on a p72. It would work for you though.

I made 620 WHP on Crome for a couple years (still on all stock fuel lines but with a walbro HP in the tank and a Aeromotive FPR and 1000s). Its awesome for being free...
                        750 WHP/575 TQ CD5 Raping a street near you....
                        realHomeMadeTurbo.com / Kaizenspeed.com / LSD Motorsports / Tempest Racing /SpeedFactory /ExplicitSpeedPerformance

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdiz0k0Rudw

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                          Figured since they changed most of their cars over to obd1 in 92 such as the DA teg,civic etc they did on the accord but other than that my SHIT info is dead on.Hell even gave him tuner options to help him out on exactly what he will need b4 he goes on the rollers.And by tunable ecu he means a p06,p28,p75,p08 jdm d15b ecu etc out of all tunable ecu's out there p28 is the most common its a factory vtec ecu.
                          Well, due to your severe lack of punctuation, I really can't understand a damn thing you're trying to say. Therefore, even if your information IS good, most people won't be able to take what they need from it anyway.
                          The quality of your information is poor, as is the delivery of your information. If you cannot effectively share ACCURATE information on this site, please return to reading and asking questions. ESPECIALLY with turbo situations... bad information can lead to a member blowing up their engine. None of us on here have the money to be doing that.

I hope your rebuild isn't limited to stock internals. That power range is doable with stock internals, but I wouldn't expect it to last very long. As long as quality parts that are capable of withstanding boost are installed properly, the tune is good, and the turbo and fuel components are correct and in good working condition, then that should be doable on stock sleeves for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            Well, due to your severe lack of punctuation, I really can't understand a damn thing you're trying to say. Therefore, even if your information IS good, most people won't be able to take what they need from it anyway.
                            The quality of your information is poor, as is the delivery of your information. If you cannot effectively share ACCURATE information on this site, please return to reading and asking questions. ESPECIALLY with turbo situations... bad information can lead to a member blowing up their engine. None of us on here have the money to be doing that.

I hope your rebuild isn't limited to stock internals. That power range is doable with stock internals, but I wouldn't expect it to last very long. As long as quality parts that are capable of withstanding boost are installed properly, the tune is good, and the turbo and fuel components are correct and in good working condition, then that should be doable on stock sleeves for sure.
                            Its really the pistons that are the issue, but if ya gots some money. stock sleeves are good to well over 400, do the evo stroker piston H22 eagle route. piston and rods be like 700 ish. bore the motor... Profit. Some ARP studs and youve got a motor good to 450+ish
                            750 WHP/575 TQ CD5 Raping a street near you....
                            realHomeMadeTurbo.com / Kaizenspeed.com / LSD Motorsports / Tempest Racing /SpeedFactory /ExplicitSpeedPerformance

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdiz0k0Rudw

Comment

Yeah, stock-spec pistons will break a ring land very quickly under boost. Everyone I know that has boosted on a stock block (that hasn't blown it up due to detonation, or some other failure) has eventually fallen to a broken ring land.

Comment

Working...
                              X