Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

frankenstien motor questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

frankenstien motor questions

hey guys i have a few questions about a potential build im thinking of doing. ill lay it out in parts and see what you all think. i dont know how to do all the numbers things with the compression calculator or know how it all works, but i have been plugging numbers all day. see if this makes any sense to you guys. keep in mind these are all parts i have laying around or can get for a decently cheap price minus pistons.

head h22a1 dual valvesprings in head and possibly the ever elusive type s cams.
    block f22a1
    stronger f22a1 rods
    wiseco k20a2 pistons ( http://www.promotiveconcepts.com/wipi20acrsxt.html ) not sure which ones to get. want to stay somewhere around 9.1.1 for boost purposes.
    and obviously a new engine overhaul. running the h22a timing belt stuff and crank timing belt pulley.
    i would most likely be running a log manifold with an h22a intake mani.

what do you guys think? i have about 900-1200$ to play with and wanna go for around 300 hp or so.

general dimensions of pistons dont take them to heart each one is obviously a lil dfferent.

Bore: 86.00mm
    Oversize: STD
    Stroke: 86
    Rod Length: 139
    Comp Ht: 30
    Head cc's: 50.5
    Dome Dish: -9
    Gasket Thickness: .63
    Deck Clearance: .025-
    Block Ht: 212
    Comp. Ratio: 9.0
    Pin Diameter: 22mm

full listings for all pistons mentioned

http://www.euroexportinc.com/store/WisecoCatalog.pdf

Comment

no thoughts or ideas guys?

Comment

Why not use a full H22 block? You're only increasing the potential for failure by creating a frankenstein motor.

Comment

this is true but my buddies block is toast nor do i want anything to do with the frm sleeves since pistons are expensive to source for them and i want to run lots of boost. does the parts list seem right? im having trouble figuring the whole piston thing out. hate to spend alot of money on pistons and only have 6.1.1 comp or some retarded high number aswell. i know you can put the k20 pistons in the f22 block but the problem im having is if it will sit to high or low in the block i dont understand how to read the spec sheet i guess is what im getting at.

Comment

If you're getting aftermarket pistons, I'd suggest getting F22 pistons, rather than trying to make the K series work. They DO fit, I'm told... but I hate the idea of mixing parts. The more creative you get, the more you increase the chance of something failing. ESPECIALLY when you boost it!

There are lots of affordable pistons for the F22, and you can probably find quite a few people selling off parts that they purchased for a project that they are no longer planning to follow through with.

That makes sense about the block. However, why not just boost with an F22 head instead? It may not look as fancy, but it will perform just as well.

You'll want to tear down your block and hone the cylinders... THEN measure and make sure you get the proper piston clearance. Also, consider what type of pistons you get. Pistons designed for N/A performance are going to be stiffer and more brittle. Tighter clearances, but boost could shatter them. Pistons designed for turbo are often made from a material that allows for expansion, so clearances aren't quite as tight (which can do a number on the sleeves over time, be advised...) but will be much stronger under boost.

Comment

Just use the stock f22 head and block I bought I set of arias forgred aluminum turbo/nitrous dished pistons using stock rods and didn't need to rebalance my crank, running 15psi daily like a dream and it hauls ass too...8.2:1 comp too btw
              Last edited by slowaccord; 11-17-2010, 06:51 AM.

Comment

what did the pistons run you?

Comment

Working...
                X