Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Heads Leaking??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heads Leaking??

Ok,so my motor is leaking coolant from exhuast part of. The head were the intake mannifold meets the. Ports, but idk? If a messed up gasket would cause that or Maybe. The Heads just cracked from that Spot?? Motor has New water pump,t-belt,Head Gasket and water neck(old one got rusted out) ooh!! And the car those Not over heat, just Smokes like Hell Plz Help!!

Thanks Guys!!

im not a mechanic

but this started with mine a progressivley got worse ...basically you might have warped the HEADS its cost me about 250.00 for a brand new one but if and when you do it replace all he gaskets too ..valve cover,head gasket, intake just get i over and done with. since i replaced everything everything is very good and no more leaks oh and i also put in a new radiator and thermostat but that was just me and about 900.00 later
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Calling your USDM Accord "JDM" is like calling President Obama "African".

Comment

I warped what?? Plz Help dnt know what to Do?

Comment

pull the head off. then take to a maushion shop and have then check the head if warped have the head decked. warped mean the head is no longer striat it bent on the deck part of the head

Comment

You said it leaks from the exhaust part of where the intake manifold meets the head? maybe it's just a bad intake manifold gasket... Did you check all the heater hoses connecting to or around the intake mani?

It doesn't overheat but it smokes like hell? What color is the smoke? White? Black?

Did you check to see if there was any coolant mixing into your oil?
          Last edited by Raceboy; 11-14-2010, 07:59 PM.
          CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

that happens when the shiity, o-ring in the im gasket takes a shit, water comes out in between the im and head
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by Raceboy View Post
              You said it leaks from the exhaust part of where the intake manifold meets the head? maybe it's just a bad intake manifold gasket... Did you check all the heater hoses connecting to or around the intake mani?

It doesn't overheat but it smokes like hell? What color is the smoke? White? Black?

Did you check to see if there was any coolant mixing into your oil?
              Its white smoke, no oil/coolant mixture and its leaking from the intake side were the mannifold meets the Head (its close to the #4 cylinder) and yes I checked all Hoses and changed any damaged ones, just don't know what my next step should be take off intake manifold and check or just remove the whole Head??

Comment

i would swap out the intake manifold gasket to see if the fixes it compared to pulling the whole head first

Comment

Originally posted by rollavvti06 View Post
                  i would swap out the intake manifold gasket to see if the fixes it compared to pulling the whole head first
                  Yeah I'm about. To do that 2nite,I. Really think its the gasket cuz the motor is runnin pretty strong still, and I think if my head was cracked I would notice some kinda power loss??

Comment

So I took the intake mannifold off to,uncover a Worn gasket.......Changed it. And Presto!! End of tht Story, Guess that's what you. Get when u Buy Ebay?? (But. Dam whata Deal,Lol)
                    Last edited by 90Lx-clusive; 11-15-2010, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X