Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

exhaust hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exhaust hole

In about April I found a hole in my exhaust and got from the cat back replaced with pipe and just recently another hole has formed but its in between the cat and headers so I'm assuming its the downpipe? I'm assuming if I took it to the local exhaust shop they'd have to order that part since its a bolt on piece. Would I be better off getting a cheapy from ebay or any suggestions. I don't want to spend too much because I use my accord to go from A to B. Thanks

It's most likely the flex pipe... and yes, a cheapie "ebay" header would be your best solution. If it is indeed the flex pipe, there really is no way to repair it, and replacing it with an OEM part will be more expensive than simply getting a cheap header.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      It's most likely the flex pipe... and yes, a cheapie "ebay" header would be your best solution. If it is indeed the flex pipe, there really is no way to repair it, and replacing it with an OEM part will be more expensive than simply getting a cheap header.
      Exactly what I was gonna say. I had a hole in my flex pipe before I replaced the oem exhaust manifold with a DC Sports header. A cheap ebay header would probably be just fine for someone who isn't gonna be beating on their car from a performance standpoint. There may also be off brand oem factory replacements available on ebay too.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

yea it is the flexpipe. If I would get a cheapie from Ebay since it comes with headers too. Would I be best off putting that header on or leaving the stock one on too? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by wherm View Post
          Exactly what I was gonna say. I had a hole in my flex pipe before I replaced the oem exhaust manifold with a DC Sports header. A cheap ebay header would probably be just fine for someone who isn't gonna be beating on their car from a performance standpoint. There may also be off brand oem factory replacements available on ebay too.
          The DC header isn't much better from a performance standpoint than any other cheap knockoff. The DC design is generic, and most of the cheapies have chosen that as their inspiration anyway. It might be marginally better, but that's it. You DO get better build quality and materials, though.

Originally posted by bbhs20 View Post
          yea it is the flexpipe. If I would get a cheapie from Ebay since it comes with headers too. Would I be best off putting that header on or leaving the stock one on too? Thanks
          You only have one header.
          The aftermarket lower half will not fit on the OEM upper half. Just use the entire aftermarket piece. You won't be losing any performance. You may gain a horsepower or two.

Comment

The DC header isn't much better from a performance standpoint than any other cheap knockoff. The DC design is generic, and most of the cheapies have chosen that as their inspiration anyway. It might be marginally better, but that's it. You DO get better build quality and materials, though..
            Truer words have never been typed... I went for the quality materials and workmanship DC has to offer. 7 yrs and 35k mi and still looks like new.

Comment

Thanks for the help I'll look into different brands.

Comment

Very true. Plus, your car is too nice to have cheapie knockoff parts on it!

Man, 35k in 7 years... My 2009 Fit has 161k on it already.

Comment

Very true. Plus, your car is too nice to have cheapie knockoff parts on it!

Man, 35k in 7 years... My 2009 Fit has 161k on it already.
                  pretty sad huh? I wish I could drive it more than work on it.

Sorry for threadjacking...You've pretty much got your question answered anyhow...

Comment

you can get a quote from a good muffler shop , they can make you a new flex pipe, maybe cheaper than a new one .

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Working...
                    X