Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Back Pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back Pressure

Can someone explain to me the Pros and Cons of Back Pressure? Good or Bad?

You do not want back pressure. End of story.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      You do not want back pressure. End of story.
      I thought Back Pressure=Perfromance... wtf

Comment

Back pressure is nothing but a result of a restriction in the exhaust system. The back pressure itself creates an even greater restriction.

You want flow velocity.

Comment

Back pressure is nothing but a result of a restriction in the exhaust system. The back pressure itself creates an even greater restriction.

You want flow velocity.
          Not enough Back Pressure causes loss of Toque doesnt it?

Comment

:sigh:
            No.

A lack of flow velocity causes a drop in power output.

Comment

:sigh:
              No.

A lack of flow velocity causes a drop in power output.
              Hm Okay and Flow Velocity would mean? sorry...

Comment

www.dictionary.com

Comment

flow. think about shooting a spitball. Shooting a spitball the size of a pea out of a paper towel tube will not go very far very fast. Take that same pea sized spitball and try shooting it through a tiny tube (think coffee stirrer), not going to go very far very fast. Now try shooting a spitball the same size as a drinking straw through said drinking straw. the spitball will shoot far and fast. Just like you want your exhaust to do!
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
                    flow. think about shooting a spitball. Shooting a spitball the size of a pea out of a paper towel tube will not go very far very fast. Take that same pea sized spitball and try shooting it through a tiny tube (think coffee stirrer), not going to go very far very fast. Now try shooting a spitball the same size as a drinking straw through said drinking straw. the spitball will shoot far and fast. Just like you want your exhaust to do!
                    Gottcha, hey by the way you have a beautiful Accord. lol

Comment

thanks
                      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

thanks
                        Hows the TasAuto Exhaust sound? I cant decide whether i should buy
                        2.25 or 2.5. Whenever i do buy an Exhaust im going to cut off the Muffler and weld on a Vibrant Muffler. I like the "stealth" ones. I think im going to go with a "sleeper" look. Stock Intake Box, Black "stock looking" Exhaust and OEM Wheels.

Comment

it's loud. doesn't drone too bad if the silencer is in. but it's loud. i swapped it out for a knock-off magnaflow-type muffler from Lou's Custom exhaust. sounds a whole helluva lot better now i also have a 2.5" "tip" (just a piece of stainless pipe) to keep the attention down.

i bought the tasauto catback for the piping and to support one of cb7tuner's sponsors.....

**edit** there isn't much difference from 2.25 and 2.5 piping. either should do you fine.
                          Last edited by mtnbikaah; 11-11-2010, 11:56 PM.

Comment

it's loud. doesn't drone too bad if the silencer is in. but it's loud. i swapped it out for a knock-off magnaflow-type muffler from Lou's Custom exhaust. sounds a whole helluva lot better now i also have a 2.5" "tip" (just a piece of stainless pipe) to keep the attention down.

i bought the tasauto catback for the piping and to support one of cb7tuner's sponsors.....

**edit** there isn't much difference from 2.25 and 2.5 piping. either should do you fine.
                            This is like a generic ebay exhaust and header under 200 shipped i believe. I Figure i could just spray the header with heat enamel and wrap it, i cut the muffler on the exhaust and replace it with a Vibrant muffler. Eh i dont know. 2.5 piping. I dont want any rasp..

Comment

if you still have rasp after installing you could add another resonator

(I really need to get a video/sound clip of my exhaust)

Comment

Working...
                              X