Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Fire Shoots Out of Down Pipe/ Cat Solid Red!?! Please Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pull that light son
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

The check engine light only came on after the cat was removed, it is likely the code will be for reduced catalytic function (HO2S showing too much fuel, no cat function), but pull the code to be sure.

You should test the Ignition Coil, unless yours is internal and came with the distributor that you just bought.
      1997 Honda Accord EX-V6:
      C27A4 - 2.7-liter 90º-V6 with SOHC, 24-valves, PGM-Fi
      MPZA - Electronically controlled 4-speed automatic, 1 reverse
      ~170 cu. in. / ~170 ft. lbs. / ~170 whp

Originally posted by James Matteu
      You have to consider the results of your test in an objective manner, or as the country folk like to say, "son, you gotta be smarter than what you're workin' with."

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
        pull that light son
        Originally posted by James Matteu View Post
        The check engine light only came on after the cat was removed, it is likely the code will be for reduced catalytic function (HO2S showing too much fuel, no cat function), but pull the code to be sure.

You should test the Ignition Coil, unless yours is internal and came with the distributor that you just bought.
        Will pull that code tomorrow after changing everything, it's external and I will be checking that as well sine I have 2 extra ones. I'm also gonna replace the injectors just in case. O2 sensors can't case this can it?

Links to my rides :
        1992 Accord EX*
        1990 Accord EX
        1991 Accord SE (4th)
        1991 Accord SE (3rd)
        1991 Accord SE (2ND)
        1991 Accord SE

Comment

Originally posted by James Matteu View Post

ummm, buddy...OBDI doesnt know whether you have a cat or not. There is no post o2 sensor. i ran no cat for 1.5+ years and never had a o2 CEL and was running a universal bosch o2.

you must be thinking of P0420 which is catalyst inefficient or post o2 signal low (rich)

Before you replace anything, pull the code because it will give you a direction.
          I <3 G60.

Comment

Not an expert but here are some thoughts

1) misfire in one cylinder could lead to dumping lots of unburnt fuel vapor into the exhaust manifold, where it can easily ignite and fry your cat and I would imagine your O2 sensor too.

2) check your ignition timing. Make sure it is within +/- 2 deg of 15 deg before tdc. I don't really think this is your problem though I thing your problem is (1), (3), or both (1) and (3)

3) If your o2 sensor is fried or fouled, and I can't imagine that temps like that wouldn't fry it, or if you melted the wire off of it or something extreme like that that I don't even know is possible, then the ECU is gonna constantly be dumping a very rich default mixture (intended to prevent detonation) and that could be your rich mixture problem right there.

Comment

Originally posted by batever View Post

1) misfire in one cylinder could lead to dumping lots of unburnt fuel vapor into the exhaust manifold, where it can easily ignite and fry your cat and I would imagine your O2 sensor too.
              this is what I was thinking, it could be caused by no spark in one cylinder or one or more stuck injectors
              1990 accord Honda-Challenge, H22 powered
              newer race video,older race videos
              1991 accord parked, parts and back up shell
              1993 accord acquired 6-11-16

Comment

2) check your ignition timing. Make sure it is within +/- 2 deg of 15 deg before tdc. I don't really think this is your problem though I thing your problem is (1), (3), or both (1) and (3)

3) If your o2 sensor is fried or fouled, and I can't imagine that temps like that wouldn't fry it, or if you melted the wire off of it or something extreme like that that I don't even know is possible, then the ECU is gonna constantly be dumping a very rich default mixture (intended to prevent detonation) and that could be your rich mixture problem right there.
                ^ Listen to this guy, he summarized my points as well.
                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, but god fixed the problem for me :

She will be missed

Links to my rides :
                  1992 Accord EX*
                  1990 Accord EX
                  1991 Accord SE (4th)
                  1991 Accord SE (3rd)
                  1991 Accord SE (2ND)
                  1991 Accord SE

Comment

That's nothing, fix it! get the engine running right, then once you know it's running right have the bodywork done.

Ok, well, whatever you decide, good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Hondateck2010 View Post
                      Thanks for the help guys, but god fixed the problem for me :

She will be missed
                      Damn! Sorry about your luck bro!

What happened?

Comment

Wtf!
                        I <3 G60.

Comment

That's nothing, fix it! get the engine running right, then once you know it's running right have the bodywork done.

Ok, well, whatever you decide, good luck!
                          Originally posted by EJX_Michael View Post
                          Damn! Sorry about your luck bro!

What happened?
                          Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                          Wtf!
                          Happened day before yesterday. engine just died on me while turning lanes, then got hit by a cabbie

not going to fix her. to much to fix not worth it. but i have my white CB

Links to my rides :
                          1992 Accord EX*
                          1990 Accord EX
                          1991 Accord SE (4th)
                          1991 Accord SE (3rd)
                          1991 Accord SE (2ND)
                          1991 Accord SE

Comment

Working...
                          X