Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Fire Shoots Out of Down Pipe/ Cat Solid Red!?! Please Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire Shoots Out of Down Pipe/ Cat Solid Red!?! Please Help

Well Been Having a few issues with my CB. I thought my Dizzy was shot since it keeps on with the misfire. the dizzy was the issue before so I changed it and it was fixed, about 4 months later it is doing the same thing but not as bad as before but thought it must be the dizzy again. I went ahead a got a new one installed, results are the same. I said to my self I will leave it alone till later. but then the muffler gets loud out of blue. I sad shit the muffle or the header is shot. I checked the header and it has a leak were the bolts go. I think the gasket is shot since there is a coming from that section. mind you the header was installed 5 months ago. I don't know how it blew now and not when it was first installed. I said fuck it I can deal with a loud cb for a while till it gets fixed. but then today I hear a noise and said wtf now. I open the hood to see if I hear it and I do and said shit I think this engine will die on me (JDM DOHC F22B) But desided to check under the car and this is what I see

As you can see there is flames coming from the down pipe and the cat is sold red. my question is do you guys think the Cat is what is causing the misfire and the gasket to blow?

Please Help me out guys.. want to fix all this ASAP thanks

Links to my rides :
    1992 Accord EX*
    1990 Accord EX
    1991 Accord SE (4th)
    1991 Accord SE (3rd)
    1991 Accord SE (2ND)
    1991 Accord SE

does your car run like crap and seem to have lost ALOT of power?

i have never heard of a clogged cat causing enough back pressure to blow gaskets but if left untreated for a long time and you have accepted the loss of power, then i guess it could happen

174.92 BHP / 171.45 WTQ

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerType View Post
      does your car run like crap and seem to have lost ALOT of power?

i have never heard of a clogged cat causing enough back pressure to blow gaskets but if left untreated for a long time and you have accepted the loss of power, then i guess it could happen
      well that's the thing the car still has power but at times as I start to drive it misfires but once i drive faster the misfire stops. why is that cat so red

Links to my rides :
      1992 Accord EX*
      1990 Accord EX
      1991 Accord SE (4th)
      1991 Accord SE (3rd)
      1991 Accord SE (2ND)
      1991 Accord SE

Comment

im no expert but wait till it cools (along time cats make heat to burn off gas) then unbolt the cat. then run the engine if the misfire goes away good. but its going to be loud and you may see some fire out the header but not to much. have some friends there. its quite fun.

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
          im no expert but wait till it cools (along time cats make heat to burn off gas) then unbolt the cat. then run the engine if the misfire goes away good. but its going to be loud and you may see some fire out the header but not to much. have some friends there. its quite fun.
          sounds like a plan. need to get some tools (they were stolen). don't have friends that can help me with this...

Links to my rides :
          1992 Accord EX*
          1990 Accord EX
          1991 Accord SE (4th)
          1991 Accord SE (3rd)
          1991 Accord SE (2ND)
          1991 Accord SE

Comment

fix the misfire first.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
              fix the misfire first.
              ......This is why I posted to see why it could be doing that

Links to my rides :
              1992 Accord EX*
              1990 Accord EX
              1991 Accord SE (4th)
              1991 Accord SE (3rd)
              1991 Accord SE (2ND)
              1991 Accord SE

Comment

what type of distributor with the f22b?
                I <3 G60.

Comment

what type of distributor with the f22b?
                  TD61U

but put a new one in and still doing the samethinG so I don't think its that and with the way the cat looks i think its something else

Links to my rides :
                  1992 Accord EX*
                  1990 Accord EX
                  1991 Accord SE (4th)
                  1991 Accord SE (3rd)
                  1991 Accord SE (2ND)
                  1991 Accord SE

Comment

stuckk open injector or map sensor. something is dumping fuel like a motherfucker.
                    I <3 G60.

Comment

stuckk open injector or map sensor. something is dumping fuel like a motherfucker.
                      lol but you think that can cause the cat to go that red ?

Links to my rides :
                      1992 Accord EX*
                      1990 Accord EX
                      1991 Accord SE (4th)
                      1991 Accord SE (3rd)
                      1991 Accord SE (2ND)
                      1991 Accord SE

Comment

ive seen it on a Ford v6 with swapped around plug wires
                        I <3 G60.

Comment

Could be a timing issue. Have you checked to make sure your timing is set correctly with a timing gun?

The hot exhaust gas temperatures may be due to running a lean mixture. Has your gas mileage got worse since you've encountered this issue? If yes, then you may be running too rich.

Either the injectors themselves or the ECU is getting bad signals from the dizzy or wiring between dizzy and ECU and in turn messing up the timing.

Comment

Originally posted by 1.sikk View Post
                            Could be a timing issue. Have you checked to make sure your timing is set correctly with a timing gun?

The hot exhaust gas temperatures may be due to running a lean mixture. Has your gas mileage got worse since you've encountered this issue? If yes, then you may be running too rich.

Either the injectors themselves or the ECU is getting bad signals from the dizzy or wiring between dizzy and ECU and in turn messing up the timing.
                            Well I went to the muffler shop and had them cut the cat off and the misfire went away but they said just to add a straight pipe since the smell fuel coming from the pipe indicating something is wrong, he said putting a new cat will kill it just like the old one. So he went ahead and put it straight and closed up the holes on the down pipe. What happen there was the bracket were it bolts up to the block broke off ( was told this happens to bay headers)

I'm going to change the wires and plugs just to see if it fix the issue. Check engine light is now on and will check the codes but my guess it's because I have not cat? Or maybe the problem ?

The car runs great this way right now, no misfires but MPG dropped big time

Links to my rides :
                            1992 Accord EX*
                            1990 Accord EX
                            1991 Accord SE (4th)
                            1991 Accord SE (3rd)
                            1991 Accord SE (2ND)
                            1991 Accord SE

Comment

dumping fuel causes the cat to get superheated...it is already hotter than the exhaust as part of its function but running rich will kill a cat.

Red hot cat = extra fuel

might explain the flames too ...why are you dumping extra fuel is now your mission.
                              ____

Comment

Working...
                              X