Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

skunk2 vs LoTek vs TOKICO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

skunk2 vs LoTek vs TOKICO

Im looking into lowering my cb7 with new struts and springs not coil overs and these are the three brands that i came across. So im woundering with one do you guys think are good. I want pros and cons please...Thanks

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203451

id go with tokico.
    best imo

im thinking about getting the same.

Originally posted by vtecfanatic View Post
    id go with tokico.
    best imo

im thinking about getting the same.
    only thing bad with these is the drop isnt too much if your just trying to do springs.

get tokico shocks and tein drop springs if your looking for something a lil lower.
    Last edited by JoshM; 10-15-2010, 12:25 PM. Reason: why did you quote yourself?

Comment

You're looking for shock and spring combos only?

Skunk2's shocks blow. They aren't made for the spring rate, oddly enough, and nobody I've ever met has ever been happy with the setup.

Lotec is garbage. Plain and simple.

Tokico is alright, but as vtecfanatic said, the drop won't be great.

The only shocks you should bother with for the CB7 (if you're on a budget) are Koni STR.T. I suggest going to www.neuspeed.com and getting a set of those, and a set of Neuspeed Sport or Race springs. High quality stuff that will last, perform properly, and most importantly, be safe!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        You're looking for shock and spring combos only?

Skunk2's shocks blow. They aren't made for the spring rate, oddly enough, and nobody I've ever met has ever been happy with the setup.

Lotec is garbage. Plain and simple.

Tokico is alright, but as vtecfanatic said, the drop won't be great.

The only shocks you should bother with for the CB7 (if you're on a budget) are Koni STR.T. I suggest going to www.neuspeed.com and getting a set of those, and a set of Neuspeed Sport or Race springs. High quality stuff that will last, perform properly, and most importantly, be safe!
        I like the prices for the struts and springs but dont OE replacement type of struts cant handle more then 1.5 inch drop and the springs on the site drops 1.75 front and 1.5 in front. Would that be pushing the struts???

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203451

Comment

Originally posted by markrutherford View Post
          I like the prices for the struts and springs but dont OE replacement type of struts cant handle more then 1.5 inch drop and the springs on the site drops 1.75 front and 1.5 in front. Would that be pushing the struts???
          The SRT.R will hold up fine with any Neuspeed/H&R spring.

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

The STR.T is basically the same thing as the Koni Yellow (also called Koni Sport) on the softest setting. It's not a performance shock, by any means, but it's definitely the best option you're going to find anywhere near that price. It shouldn't blow out on you, and it shouldn't provide an unpredictable ride.

But yes, most OE replacement shocks should not be used with any lowering springs, or any springs that provide a spring rate higher than 15% over stock. Most common OE replacements, such as KYB GR2 and Tokico HP, are capable of that, and no more.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              But yes, most OE replacement shocks should not be used with any lowering springs, or any springs that provide a spring rate higher than 15% over stock. Most common OE replacements, such as KYB GR2 and Tokico HP, are capable of that, and no more.
              better change the nuespeed springs out of my tokico blues

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
              When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Working...
              X