Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Air intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air intake

So on my CB i wanna do a intake. But im woundering if i just should replace the air intake box with a cone K&N or go to one of those skinny chrome intakes on ebay? Which one is better?? Thanks

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203451

Its really up to you as far as if you want some chrome under the hood or not. However, a K&N airfilter will be much better than one you get off of ebay.

Comment

either one are good but the k/n will give you about the same gain as the cheap ebay one. look localy and try to fina a ram air, THEY ARE SICK!

Comment

Cheap ebay pipe, K&N or AEM filter.

Those cheap filters are shit.

What is a "ram air"? Unless you find an intake that's specifically engineered to have a proper "ram air" effect, any duct on the front of the car is very likely to be in a vacuum area once the car is at speed... and that will cause the engine to perform very poorly. The front of the car is supposed to be aerodynamic, and cut through the air... which is why all properly engineered intakes draw air from sheltered places, like the wheel well or engine bay (which isn't very hot when the car is moving, believe it or not...)

Snail, you really need to stop taking everything that you read on forums, in magazines, and on advertisements as fact... start doing some thinking on your own. There's a LOT that simple common sense will do... and quite a few "performance upgrades" that are clearly worthless if you actually think about how they're expected to work. Most "ram air" intakes fall under that category... for our cars, anyway.

Comment

ok i just sit back and watch.
          Last edited by cb7_with_snail; 10-11-2010, 06:18 PM.

Comment

right.
            cheap pipe.
            filter other than ebay's. (AEM, K&N, HKS is all i would trust)
            jus get the proper pipe sizing for your TB.
            Hell i even used stock piping and just put a filter on it for awhile
            stock plastic doesnt retain heat as much as the metal intakes are made of
            -Tyler

Comment

by the way
              http://www.weapon-r.com/products/182...ram-air-kit-ii

Comment

yeah, garbage.

Comment

but it works

Comment

You're the expert man.

I'm really just a noob. I have no idea what I'm talking about with all these fancy performance parts. From now on, I won't argue... though I'd like to learn, so could you please explain how this ram air thing works? Why it makes more power? What is so special about a tube that is run to the front of your car, to draw in air that isn't rushing into it, but around it, due to the aerodynamic properties of the car's front end?
                    Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the concept of a vacuum... maybe that's where you find all the nice cold dense air!

See... even an ignorant noob can present a little more information to support my argument. Feel free to educate me. I'd really like to learn. "it works" just isn't enough information for an ignoramus such as myself.

Comment

ok just do what deev said

Comment

If you're too stupid to give intelligent advice, please don't give advice. Shut the fuck up, read, research, and learn something. K?

I'm more than happy to discuss any topic intelligently, but I have absolutely no respect for people who don't have the brains to actually understand the shit that they regurgitate... and believe me, I've been around long enough to spot them a mile away.

My post above wasn't an attempt to shut you up. It was an attempt to get you to defend your claim... which you clearly have absolutely no ability to do.

Comment

Even on older Mopars the "Ram-air" opened at the rear of the hood with the opening towards the windshield. The idea of others is to force cool air into the engine bay with openings called "extractors" towards the rear. Cooler engine is a more efficient running engine. RAM air only works when the engine is working its hardest, there for most if the "RAM air" designs are vacuum operated. Also mopar sealed the system from the hood to the carb therefore forcing air in. Another thing is the systems that place the intake near or below the bumper may just suck up water... H2O plus engine= baaaaad. Just a few things I've picked up.

Comment

if you haven't..
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=56646

Comment

keep it stock been there done that.

Comment

Working...
                              X