Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

breathing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The flywheel is between the engine and transmission, not inside the transmission.

Comment

Originally posted by 93blackcb7 View Post
      ebay stuff is good just get the stuff that says top seller and yea i would go with a full exhaust headers and air intake that the best stuff to start off with and then coilovers if yiou want it lowered
      yeah coilovers were def what i was lookin at. that'll most likely be the next thing after intake/exhaust.

The Facebook group

Comment

Originally posted by Cobalt View Post
        The flywheel is inside the transmission, a flywheel has two purposes, one to connect to the starter and start the car, the other to transfer power from the engine to the tranny by clamping a clutch to it. The stock flywheel is based off inertia it weighs 21lbs. The 8.5/11lb flywheels are based off of freeing up rev's so you can reach the powerband quicker. When going up a hill at a low rpm you will want the stock one, for any spirited driving you will want a lighter one.
        yeah im def not doin any mountain climbing in it so i think ill stick with a lighter one

The Facebook group

Comment

FAIL!

The only way to make it fast/reliable is to put a Chevy driveline in it.

The Facebook group

Comment

Originally posted by 93blackcb7 View Post
            ebay stuff is good just get the stuff that says top seller and yea i would go with a full exhaust headers and air intake that the best stuff to start off with and then coilovers if yiou want it lowered
            wrong...ebay is nothing but shit for the most part...pay the least you can for the tubing...and toss the filter. If you get a cai/short ram off ebay, replace the filter asap.

And k&n filters are good but they still let a significant amount of dirt in, just the nature of the free flowing beast...but they are good.

The top rated performance filters (rated on how little dirt they let pass) are EXPENSIVE...k&n is not too bad filtering and money wise ($50)

I have a spectre oiled filter on my car (cotton gauze like k&n) and I am saving up to send my oil analysis' in to see if the spectre filter (again...SAME material as k&n) is doing its job. If it is not, I will test k&n next.
            ____

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              The flywheel is between the engine and transmission, not inside the transmission.
              If you want to get technical with it it is inside the bellhousing which is commonly considered part of your transmission(especially since the bellhousing is cast as one piece with the transmission housing). By that association it is inside the tranny even though it does not bolt up to the tranny, it is just connected by a splined shaft.
              Call me Travis.
              2006 Cobalt LS/SC ~ "Burt the Bloody Bumble Bee"
              1992 Accord LX ~ "Smoothie"
              1991 CRX Si ~ Hellion
              1989 GMC S15 ~ Oldie

Comment

is there also such a thing as gettin good hp with good mpg?

The Facebook group

Comment

Originally posted by 850 CB7 View Post
                  is there also such a thing as gettin good hp with good mpg?
                  Yes, especially with a FI/N2o setup. Stay in low rpm for economy hit high rpm and spray/boost for power.

Just doing full exhaust/intake(bolt on) mods will give you better economy as long as you arent like everyone else, myself included, and fall in love with the high rpm sound and additional power.
                  Call me Travis.
                  2006 Cobalt LS/SC ~ "Burt the Bloody Bumble Bee"
                  1992 Accord LX ~ "Smoothie"
                  1991 CRX Si ~ Hellion
                  1989 GMC S15 ~ Oldie

Comment

Yes, especially with a FI/N2o setup. Stay in low rpm for economy hit high rpm and spray/boost for power.

Just doing full exhaust/intake(bolt on) mods will give you better economy as long as you arent like everyone else, myself included, and fall in love with the high rpm sound and additional power.
                    yeah im like everyone else i love that sound i was just wonderin if it was possible.

The Facebook group

Comment

hi friend!

you can start off by taking out the SQUARE air box, and replacing the box and SQUARE filter with a aftermarket, ROUND kind, the one that we all have..

k&n w/e you want to get, thats BEST for your budget, your car's intake will sound more diff than stock, but remember youll still have the stock PLASTIC tube on, which is fine for rite now!

once you gather cash, get a generic tube and put that on and youll already have the filter!

a aftermarket tube is nice and str8 and the air flow will be more smoother going into your intake.

me, i have a 2.25 exhaust on my car and i like it, i have a borla muffler on as well, and its pretty dam quiet.
                      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Working...
                      X