Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

breathing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

breathing

i haven't gotten to any mods because i just got a job but now that i got some money what would be the best way to start off improving performance. i was looking at maybe a good cold air intake and exhaust. ive read mixed experiences with getting online and ebay exhausts so are they good quality or should i go to a shop to find somethin? thanks

The Facebook group

IMO.start off with a 2.25 piping, look into the option2 cold air intake , slap a k/n filter on ,not too costly muffler and you have a good start.then move focus toward a cam upgrade,header, and a good e.c.u..

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
      IMO.start off with a 2.25 piping, look into the option2 cold air intake , slap a k/n filter on ,not too costly muffler and you have a good start.then move focus toward a cam upgrade,header, and a good e.c.u..
      appreciate it. would it be better to start with a muffler or a catback exhaust system? and is a short ram better than the longer cold air?
      Last edited by ninethreecoupe; 10-12-2010, 01:16 PM.

The Facebook group

Comment

Originally posted by 850 CB7 View Post
        appreciate it. would it be better to start with a muffler or a catback exhaust system? and is a short ram better than the longer cold air?
        i wouldn't waste the money on just a muffler, i'd go full cat-back.

as far as the intake, its kinda your preference. theres pros and cons to both. Short ram stays in engine bay where the most the heat is, but cold air goes in the fender/bumper, but can get soaked in the rain or snow and really screw things up. personally i'd do a short ram with K&N con filter and a bisimoto intake manifold gasket ( http://www.bisimoto.com/sport-compac...intake-gaskets )

the daily: 2001 VW golf 2.0 (tom01golf on local and vw forums)
        the project: f22a1 400-450whp (build thread to come when things start picking up)

Comment

alright thanks

The Facebook group

Comment

I would think the intake would be a good place to start. Its cheaper than a proper catback exhaust and makes the most noticeable gains for the cost. Plus it sounds cool! haha

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

are k/n filters one of the better filters or is it one thats kinda like the more bang for your buck type thing.

The Facebook group

Comment

yes k&n is one of the better filters.
                but theres plenty of options.
                aem is good as well.
                a couple other good brands out there as well.

Comment

If I remember right K&N is an oiled filter... for simplicity I perfer a dry filter, I have a AEM Dry filter on my CB.

Sidenote: whoever said that was the best bang for the buck... I dissagree, a 68mm TB or 8.5lb flywheel would be much better spent. Even the h23/f22a6 intake mani with a doublestack would be much better than an intake and if you are attempting to be sleeper these mods arent easily detectable at a glance.
                  Last edited by Cobalt; 10-15-2010, 11:05 AM.
                  Call me Travis.
                  2006 Cobalt LS/SC ~ "Burt the Bloody Bumble Bee"
                  1992 Accord LX ~ "Smoothie"
                  1991 CRX Si ~ Hellion
                  1989 GMC S15 ~ Oldie

Comment

that was me askin if it was. this is a noob question...i get that lighter is always better but ive never figured out what the flywheel is for?

The Facebook group

Comment

Go with the K&N for sure

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203451

Comment

ebay stuff is good just get the stuff that says top seller and yea i would go with a full exhaust headers and air intake that the best stuff to start off with and then coilovers if yiou want it lowered

Comment

that was me askin if it was. this is a noob question...i get that lighter is always better but ive never figured out what the flywheel is for?
                          The flywheel is inside the transmission, a flywheel has two purposes, one to connect to the starter and start the car, the other to transfer power from the engine to the tranny by clamping a clutch to it. The stock flywheel is based off inertia it weighs 21lbs. The 8.5/11lb flywheels are based off of freeing up rev's so you can reach the powerband quicker. When going up a hill at a low rpm you will want the stock one, for any spirited driving you will want a lighter one.
                          Call me Travis.
                          1991 CRX Si ~ Hellion
                          1989 GMC S15 ~ Oldie

Comment

what would be the best way to start off improving performance.
                            Get the brake system in top working order.

Get the suspension in top working order.

Get good rubber.

Diagnose engine / transmission condition and repair any faults.

Diagnose the rest of the chassis and return to top working order.

Get to this point and should be very happy with performance.

H22, Turbo, N02, Hot Bitches, ???

Want to go further spend some money or...........

If not get a late model Mustang or much better choice a NSX.
                            Last edited by Old School; 10-16-2010, 10:12 AM.
                            Take that freek show to the park, maybe the squirrels will care.

Comment

Originally posted by Old School View Post
                              If not get a late model Mustang
                              FAIL!

The only way to make it fast/reliable is to put a Chevy driveline in it.
                              Call me Travis.
                              1991 CRX Si ~ Hellion
                              1989 GMC S15 ~ Oldie

Comment

Working...
                              X