Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

96/ stamped on head OBD1 or OBD2??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

96/ stamped on head OBD1 or OBD2??

my jdm h22 has a dial stamped on the head and the numbers 9/6 are on the head. does this identify the year and if so does that make it OBD1 or OBD2 i keep hearing different asnwers. some say 97+ is obd2 and others say 96+ is OBD2. thanks again guys

Ive always heard 97+ but Idk for sure. Sorry, hope someone can give you a for sure answer.

^^^^^
    Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

96+

However, the engine itself isn't OBD2... that's just the distributor, injectors, etc... change that, and it's OBD1.

Comment

OK so being that i changed the injectors out and the ones that are in there are OBD1 i could have changed them when i wasn't suppost to. how can i tell the difference between the OBD1 and OBD2 distributors? so i can see if this is whats causing my boggin out issue

Comment

Does the distributor plug up to your stock harness? If none of the plugs match, it's OBD2.

Your bogging issue is due to you running stock P28. Trust me.

Comment

ok well the dizzy plugs right in no problem. so i guess i have to check the injectors. i appreciate the help greatly

Comment

oh and i plan on chippin the ECU very soon like this coming weekend so we will see if that fixes it. thanks

Comment

Where did you get the engine? It may be from a 96, but it's entirely possible that it's already been equipped with OBD1 parts. If you got it from another enthusiast, that's highly likely.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  Where did you get the engine? It may be from a 96, but it's entirely possible that it's already been equipped with OBD1 parts. If you got it from another enthusiast, that's highly likely.
                  well i got it from a guy near me in town who owns a business for importing japan engines right over to him. that who i got it from. when i was preparing the engine to put it in i saw that two injectors were loose cuz there wasn't any cushion rings. put some on from my f22. then later realized my OEM injector clips wouldn't fit the injectors. every plug was good besides the injectors, thats why i took them back and he gave me OBD1 injectors. some one must of switched something around

Comment

Yeah, that engine sounds like it was messed with.

The best thing to do would be to search for pictures of OBD1 and OBD2 distributors, and compare.

Comment

Working...
                    X