Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

coilover question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coilover question

i was wondering if coilovers from a 94 accord would fit on our shocks? found a really cheap deal and was wondering

Yes......

I'm assuming you don't intend to put them on stock struts, correct? Also, I hope they are not some cheap or no name brand, correct?
    Last edited by Tishock; 10-09-2010, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Yes, they will fit.

No, you should not lower on stock shocks.
      No, you should not install cheap no-name parts.

If your suspension fails, and cheap shit WILL fail, you will crash. Spend the money to do it right, or don't touch your suspension. Even if you don't care about your own life, have some respect for the people you might hit... I'm sure they don't think it's an acceptable risk!

Comment

no i wasnt planning on lowering on stock struts, i was gonna lower on kyb's and they were skunk2 the kid just had no need for them but he sold them before i could get a response from him thanks for the info though will be useful in the future

Comment

I apologize for the assumption... 99% of people that ask such a question are looking for the cheapest possible option to lower their car, and they very rarely consider replacing the shocks.

Skunk2's coilovers aren't very good. Most people get them and hate them.

KYB doesn't make anything capable of handling a drop lower than 1.5", and their shocks are not designed for extreme spring rates. Stick with Koni or Bilstein.

Comment

im not going for an extreme drop because i live in ny and the roads are horrible over here. im definantly not looking for the cheapest because people tell me to cut my springs but i am against that im just trying to possibly drop within my budget. the only problem is finding something at a decent price or used is virtually impossible. i had another question for you deev. is it possible to fit another cars suspension on the cb7 chasis because ive heard of the vigor being compatible but im not sure whether it fits or needs modification

Comment

90-97 Accord only. Don't mess with any other car's stuff. Even if it fits, by some miracle, it won't be correct... spring rates, shock valving... it won't be safe.

Stick to quality parts. Honestly, I don't know of any lowering springs that ARE good with anything made by KYB. People do it, but it's not right... and it's usually done in ignorance.
              Get proper stuff. Properly matched shocks with quality springs will last a long time, and give you a comfortable, dependable, reliable, safe ride. Improperly paired stuff will do quite the opposite. If you can't afford it, then you're going to have to up your budget, and save a little longer. Suspension is not something to halfass.

Comment

yea thats what im thinking of doing actually. i have a couple of months before i can save strictly for my cb but i guess ill wait. im just going to stick to trying to save up for a 1 piece setup. i dont want to lose my cb over stupidity

Comment

Be careful with those. Not all of the full coilover systems are necessarily quality.

Actually, a good matched spring/shock setup is better than adjustable coilovers. Unless you have a specific need (and the necessary understanding) to use adjustables, there's really no point. You have to get realigned every time you mess with them anyway.

Good springs with matching shocks, like the Neuspeed Super Cup Kit, will work exactly as the manufacturer intended... and they know a hell of a lot more about that stuff that you and I do!

Comment

oo ok .. well when i do have enough money to buy a proper suspension setup i will search this site and ask the many cb7 members on this site for input before i do go and buy something. this site really is a god send lol but thanks for your input

Comment

Working...
                    X