Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Engine??...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine??...

What's a good engine to run in a 1990 Honda Accord??...Not too expensive??...But still packs a nice punch??...And I can add onto with no problem??...I don't know much about cars...So if you throw in your opinion in as well that would truly help out a lot...I really want to work my way up to the bigg boy's...No Homo...I just feel like shyt when a CB7 pulls up next to me...And leaves me with no problem...Its time for something new...I currently have the stock motor...Or if there's stuff I can do to improve that motor that would help also...I want to spend the money but don't have that much...And I'm in school as well so I need my car on almost a daily...To get back and forth to my classes...
    My signature was removed because it was too big.

Kash I don't mean to come off as a dick at first so I will say it before everyone else does. If you look at the very top part of the forum screen you will see near the center part there is an icon that says search. Use it. It is your friend. Kinda like that kind in school that you copied his homework. you know that kid. He helped you out so much.

Now back at your question. You have many options.

A.) You can mod your regular engine and go boost relatively cheap.

B.) You can look for an F22B which is a DOHC which is a better upgrade then single cam.

C.) You can save up and go with a H22/ H23(Prelude) or F20B(JDM Accord) and get a big jump in ponnies.

D.) You can Frankenstein a motor such as a G22 od G23.

E.) You can go bananas and go K series such as 2point6 and be amonge the elite.

These all depend on your budget and your goals for this car. Set a goal and see which option best suits your needs.

Now that you have the answers let your mind be free.

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
    PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

Thanks bro...But that search engine doesn't work that well...And also searching with no direstion is lik walking in circles until you get dissy and fall down...You what I mean??...Its kind of pointless to use the search engine if I don't know what to search for??...And I'm not trying to be a dick or a smart ass...Because I don't know anything...So that's why I posted the thread...Now the search engine will do me justice...You know??...Thanks a lot though bro...Time to research...lol...

Comment

You also could look through the forum until you come to the section devoted to swaps. Read the stickies at the top of every section. They'll save you from making a thread that's been made dozens of times before.

Comment

Ok...I was reading up on the G22/G23...Because I'm interested in the engine...But while I was reading up on it I found this..."Now if you take the F23 crank and put it in a H23 bottom end and a H23 Vtec head."...Is tis possible??...I don't know anything about engines...That's why I'm asking...

Comment

Kash just read more info bro... Any questions you have have already been asked. I know you want the answer now but when you read you will find out much more then you planned. Eventually you'll find the answer to your question.

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
            PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=45

That's an entire section dedicated to engine swaps. Read the "read this first' threads stuck at the top, and you'll have all the info you need. Nobody is going to help you when all you say is "I know nothing, so I need to guys to spoon-feed me everythihng! Oh, and it has to be cheap."

The engine you have in your car is damn good, by the way.

The search engine works fine, as does google... follow any google search with site:cb7tuner.com and it will search this site only.

I'm locking this thread now. You have all the info you need to help yourself. We don't hold hands here.

And please... for the love of god and all that is holy... DO NOT DO THE FUCKING "G22" SWAP! IT IS IDIOTIC, UNRELIABLE, AND OFFERS NO WORTHWHILE GAINS!

Not to mention, there is already a G series, so the retard that "invented" the "G" hybrid wasn't even smart enough to realize that. The G series has 5 cylinders, and would be a very difficult swap.

Comment

Working...
              X