Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22 TOP MOUNT MANNI idea?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22 TOP MOUNT MANNI idea?!?!

tell me what ya think...... its just an idea and a cheap one

nice!
    27.78%
    wow your retarded!
    72.22%

The poll is expired.

Turbo will be sticking out your grill
    wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
      Turbo will be sticking out your grill
      this

My Members Ride Thread
      Originally posted by deevergote
      You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

ok well replace it with a stock f22 manni? its alot shorter

Comment

how about not being cheap and just buy a legit top-mount manifold?

My Members Ride Thread
          Originally posted by deevergote
          You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

ok well you send me the 2000$ for that. untill then ill pay 10$ for the porting 200$ for the kustom cutting and welding. and ill save 1790$

Comment

great idea if your good at welding and stuff
              saves alot of money and would add a sufficient amount of hp being everything was set up right
              only prob would be making the "J" pipe as we see more closed in and more curved to fit in the bay or maybe even cuved to the left(looking at bay) for more room clearance
              -Tyler

Comment

ok new idea! yes? no?

Comment

where is deev's infinite knowlage when you need it?

Comment

or mabye more curved?

Comment

the header would work so much better
                      screw the dsm manifold its cast and doesnt have flow properties of a tubular header
                      try the tubular design with the header, but make it curve to the left and up(away from alt. and ps) instead of straight up. seems like there would be mroe room for it
                      -Tyler

Comment

like this?

Comment

oops wrong pic i think i got it now

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_with_snail View Post
                              where is deev's infinite knowlage when you need it?
                              deev never built a turbo motor in his life

Originally posted by tm123 View Post
                              the header would work so much better
                              screw the dsm manifold its cast and doesnt have flow properties of a tubular header
                              try the tubular design with the header, but make it curve to the left and up(away from alt. and ps) instead of straight up. seems like there would be mroe room for it
                              a cast manifold will handle the heat better than cheap tubular steel. quality tubular steel isnt cheap.

this top mount design is likely to have serious clearance issues with the hood, and possibly the radiator as well. charge pipes would also require clever routing, and the charge piping itself would have further to go than with a standard turbo layout. this is a very inefficient design.

what is your reason for doing this? i dont see any performance goals, nor do i see anything made easier by having a top mounted turbo. are you just going for looks, or trying to be different?

if you want to go crazy custom, try a rear mounted turbo. mount the turbo behind the block. run a side mount intercooler where a CAI filter would go, and run the charge pipe up like a CAI (you could acutally use a CAI for that pipe). your car would look NA, but it would be turbo. of course the side mount intercooler wouldnt work very well so you would need to run low boost and be sure to keep intake temps down.

Comment

Working...
                              X