Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

fuel pressure regulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel pressure regulator

after almost 18 yrs my 93 is it a good ideal to change the fuel pressure regulator? my car doesn't always start perfect in the morning, i feel like the gas its getting to where it needs to fast enough but it always starts. i've done the main reply and pretty much every thing else, what do u guys think.

you could replace the fuel pump that could have an affect
    -----------------------------------------------

''It is what it is, Do what you want''
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=167905

Comment

Aside from the fact that I can barely understand you...

it would be best to diagnose exactly WHY the car is hard to start, rather than just making assumptions and replacing parts. It could be an ignition issue, a compression issue, a fuel issue... honestly, it could be damn near anything. Replace your FPR if you want... but don't expect it to magically fix an undiagnosed problem.

Comment

fuel regulator

I had a problem with a slow start on the first try recently and having tried all the usual suggestions; main fuel relay, plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor, check igniter, fuel pressure, I still could not find problem. Then on the internet I found a different remedy to check, ala Fuel Regulator! It said Honda Fuel Regulators very seldom go bad but to check pull off the vacuum line and check for fuel in the line. If their is fuel in the vacuum line the seal is bad. Also check the diaphragm is keeping the proper vacuum needed to keep fuel pressure in the line. Bingo! their was my problem I did not have the proper Vacuum coming to the fuel regulator, I traced it back to the intake manifold and found my disconnected cruise control vacuum line leaking and stealing vacuum from the regulator line. I plugged up intake connection with dummy connection and Honda slow start problem was fixed. Sometimes our problems are not always the usual problems, but this forum and the internet has saved me a lot of money on needless parts and shop costs, Thanks.

Comment

There we go. Now THAT is what you do when you suspect something might be a problem... test to see if it's faulty before randomly replacing parts! Very good info, rps... thanks.

Comment

title

whats the fpr? so one told me a mechanic at the honda junkyard told me it might be a fuel pressure regulator sorry, just tring to keep ole besty girl goin.

Comment

Originally posted by ds95 View Post
              whats the fpr? so one told me a mechanic at the honda junkyard told me it might be a fuel pressure regulator sorry, just tring to keep ole besty girl goin.
              what?
              2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
              VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
              VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
              The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
              August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

before you replace anything, a fuel pressure gauge should be mounted and the fuel system should be diagnosed.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

FPR = Fuel Pressure Regulator.

Comment

Working...
                  X