Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Fixing rich burning (story,symptoms inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixing rich burning (story,symptoms inside)

well my headgasket blew on my car to later find out it was due to a cracked head. so i got a new head got it checked and got a new headgasket. well my car hasnt been ran in about a month so my battery was completely drained. so we jumped it and got it running but its burning rich its smoking and the smoke burns your eyes like gas.

What should i go about checking?
    i ask this because while i fixed the head i got a new fuel filter spark plugs and wires. along with other stuff not related to the fuel lol. so does anyone have any ideas what my problem is?
    You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
    Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Oxygen sensor and catalytic converter.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Is this after the initial start up? My friends 91 SE blew the headgasket badly and after a complete rebuild, we took it for a test drive. It drove great and we were able to break it in fine BUT the amount of smoke was unbelieveable (done many partial and full rebuilds and I've never seen anything like it). Turns out it just needed a good 15min or so of driving on the road to burn off all the coolant and what I figure as unburnt fuel that ended up in the exhaust when the hg blew. Never smoked after that and passed emissions with ease.

Comment

Yes this was after the initial start up after putting on a new headgasket.
        You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
        Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

well i took it for a drive and good news is it runs great/ and does not over heat. Bad news is... it's still SMOKING!! lol

any ideas? or would changing my 02 sensor stop making it smoke?

its doesnt smoke very noticable for the first few minutes but once its to operating temperature its smoking noticably. but not like giant clouds worth just a steady stream of annoyance

Comment

How long was the test drive? Depending on how badly the hg blew and the amount of moisture in the system, you may need more than the 15mins I needed with my friend's car. I had to break in the motor so that involved atleast a 15-20min warm up at idle before we went for the 15min drive.

What color is the smoke? Does it still smell funny? It is possible the O2 got killed by the excessive coolant and fuel when the hg blew...but at this point, it's hard to say "Yes you should change the o2" when that may not be the problem.

Comment

the coolant could have taken the o2 sensor out. o2 sensors dont like oil, coolant or carbon.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

What are some other things that could be causing this?

Comment

Originally posted by buckysaccord93 View Post
                  What are some other things that could be causing this?
                  What color smoke.

Comment

umm whitish blue tint, i know its burning rich cause when you smell the smoke or get close it burns your eyes

Comment

umm whitish blue tint, i know its burning rich cause when you smell the smoke or get close it burns your eyes
                      Blue is oil .... Black is rich........ Could be both but I bet you have a issue with burning oil at the least..

Comment

what would be causing me to burn oil? or is it just maybe all the oil in my exhaust and such from when my headgasket blew?

Comment

what would be causing me to burn oil? or is it just maybe all the oil in my exhaust and such from when my headgasket blew?
                          Piston rings. Do a compression test to confirm.

1990 CB7 - Almost Done - Delta 272, SRI, 2.25 catback, Bisi intake manifold gasket, A6 intake double stacked, H22 plenum, AEM cam gear, F23a block, F22a head, Wiseco K20 pistons, DSM 450cc injectors

2004 Z33 - Brembo BBK, Nismo spoiler, Nismo lip, Nismo shift knob, AEM CAI

Comment

Did the car overheat when the hg blew? If it got hot enough, there's a good chance the piston rings are toast.

Comment

Working...
                            X