Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

cb7 help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cb7 help?

my car wouldnt start today, its a 91 accord ex. here's what its doing, when i try to turn on my car and turn on the ignition switch i hear a click and then everything dies, like it just loses power, but then when i go and move the wire around the battery it gets power again and when i try to go start it, it does the same thing so idk, and then when i tried jumping the car to see if it'll start, sometimes it doesnt start even when i jump it, but sometimes it does too. so idk any ideas on whats wrong? i went and got the battery check and they said its fine, so im thinking maybe the starter or alternator?

you need to disconect both battery cables, clean the terminals on the battery and clean the cables with some emery cloth and wash with a table spoon of baking soda andwater mix and reinstall on the battery. make shure terminals are tight. that should fix your problem...

Comment

ok thanks i'll try that, but if that doesnt work, what could the other problems be?

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_530 View Post
        ok thanks i'll try that, but if that doesnt work, what could the other problems be?
        Starter if it just clicks once. Try holding your key in different positions (near the starting position) and see if it starts. If it does, ignition switch.
        Sig removed due to excessive size.

Comment

sounds like you have a loose wire some where. you can get some new batt. clamps and rewire your + and - clamps.try this and post the outcome. good luck man.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by osl View Post
            Starter if it just clicks once. Try holding your key in different positions (near the starting position) and see if it starts. If it does, ignition switch.
            ok thanks i'll try that too.
            oh and i forgot to mention we tried push starting it too and it didnt turn on either, dont know if that helps.

Comment

has it ever just shut off during driving ?

Comment

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
                has it ever just shut off during driving ?
                no it has never shut off during driving.

Comment

sounds like you have a loose wire some where. you can get some new batt. clamps and rewire your + and - clamps.try this and post the outcome. good luck man.
                  i got some used clamps off another accord but it still does the same and wont work.

Comment

it may be in your ignition .. you had said it sometimes boosts off. dont know.but good luck man.

Comment

it may be in your ignition .. you had said it sometimes boosts off. dont know.but good luck man.
                      ok i'll check everything else and if not then i'll check the ignition, thanks for your help.

Comment

try this turn the ignition switch to the on position and see if the lights on the dash light up , if they are not on slowly turn the key to start position and see if the lights liht up, if they light up , now let the key come back to the run position, if the lights turn off , you have a bad ign switch .......

Comment

Most of the time things like this are poor grounds, so yeah check battery terminals to make sure they're clean.

Comment

i just want to say thanks guys, it turns out one of the wires that was connected to the battery was bad only, but i fix that now so its all good, once again thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X